Woodcraft discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I contacted Woodcraft about 2 weeks ago through the chat option they have for customer service. I chatted with a man named Sam and he told me he would forward our information to corporate. Well I followed up yesterday and ended up speaking to Sam again. He said he would follow up with the person he forwarded the info to.

I got a phone call from corporate in West Virginia today and didn't have time to call them back. I will call them back tomorrow and update this thread as soon as I know more.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Not to sound rude, but I've been waiting a long time for that song to play on the Jukebox!

Even if they do a 10% discount to NCWWr's, the usual exclusions would no doubt apply:

-No Power Tools

-Fein

-Festool

-SawStop

-Items already on Sale

-Wood

-Did I forget anything? :gar-Bi

One of the few insensitive posts I make : :rolf:

Shamefully said, but truthfully spoken,
Matt

manfre

New User
Manfre
I saved $0.50 on my last trip to Klingspor thanks to the 10% discount. It does carry a lot of exclusions and my savings would have been much larger, but it also means I'm more likely to purchase sand paper, finishes, bits, etc from them instead of online or from one of the box stores. Even with the 10%, they are not always as cheap as other options, but I am willing to sacrifice a little bit to support the smaller specialized stores.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I saved $0.50 on my last trip to Klingspor thanks to the 10% discount. It does carry a lot of exclusions and my savings would have been much larger, but it also means I'm more likely to purchase sand paper, finishes, bits, etc from them instead of online or from one of the box stores. Even with the 10%, they are not always as cheap as other options, but I am willing to sacrifice a little bit to support the smaller specialized stores.

This is why I appreciate Klingspor's: They are a community based Retailer. They've been there since day 1

Not only do they give the 10% NCWW discount, but they have always been actively involved in promoting WWing.

Demo Days, etc... NCWW is always there, and Vicey Versey

Yes, I agree, but a straight 10% from a Retailer is not enough for this WWr.

IMHO
Matt

bwat

New User
Bill
I agree with the community based comments. :icon_thum We should make every effort to support the retailers that support this organization and play a major role in keeping this site free and available for our use - primarily those that buy the banner ads at right>>> Most of them offer the DQ status discounts. As always, IMHO.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
What Matt and Bill said! We support them, and they support us. It would be sad if we didn't have the retail stores to buy our NEEDS from. I, for one, really don't like to have to buy mail order, if I can buy it locally--but there are exceptions, although few.:saw:

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Mike even if this goes nowhere I do appreciate your efforts here. :thumbs_upWaiting in anticipation that the discount gods will smile on us.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Mike even if this goes nowhere I do appreciate your efforts here. :thumbs_upWaiting in anticipation that the discount gods will smile on us.

Ditto:

But.... this whole thing is kinda smarmy, like two lawyers negotiating over a Pre-nuptial agreement. Oops, TMI ? :gar-La;. My bad.

We shouldn't haffta get on our hineys to get tossed a bone. Is all Im trying to say.

Not when Klingys tosses us prime rib. WOOF WOOF

IMHO
Humble Woodworker,

Matt

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Sandpaper is one of those items you get what you pay for. Klingspor paper is far superior and last longer then most BORG paper. In the long run Klingspor paper will save you money.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Sandpaper is one of those items you get what you pay for. Klingspor paper is far superior and last longer then most BORG paper. In the long run Klingspor paper will save you money.

Scott,

WOOF! :rotflm:

Am I "Rubbing" you the wrong way ? :gar-Bi Good! :rolf:

Ive got a bad case of CABIN FEVER! so forgive me

M

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Lets not forget....

If memory serves me correct (which it often doesn't), Klinspor have provided some very nice toys for our various raffles too.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Lets not forget....

If memory serves me correct (which it often doesn't), Klinspor have provided some very nice toys for our various raffles too.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Wayne,

ABSOLUTELY. Another perfect example of a perfect union (bet NCWW & Klingspor's)

Klingspor's is forever, MY LIFE PARTNER! lol.

Don't worry, waiting for the Motrin to kick in!

C Fever at a pitch,
Matt

Glennbear

Glenn
JMTCW..........I appreciate any discount we are given and as always we are free to make purchases wherever or however we want. :wsmile:

cskipper

Cathy
I think we are all in agreement that the support we get from Klingspor is outstanding, even if there were no discount. They have been very generous with us at the trade shows, raffles, picnics, etc... The fact that they additionally offer any discount on any product is very generous. Thanks guys! :eusa_clap

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I think we are all in agreement that the support we get from Klingspor is outstanding, even if there were no discount. They have been very generous with us at the trade shows, raffles, picnics, etc... The fact that they additionally offer any discount on any product is very generous. Thanks guys! :eusa_clap

:icon_thum

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

nelsone

New User
Ed
I for one hope this comes through. I don't have anything but good things to say about Klingspors and would still be happy to shop there if they were still in Charlotte. That being said WC is about 2~3 miles from my house and the convenience is sure nice.

Plus for those that are not aware, the Charlotte WC store has stepped up in a big way for us in the past too. They put together a very nice "grab bag" for one of the Charlotte Shop Crawls and they have helped me out several times in the past. I guess I'm a bit confused at some of the snide comments? If we ask for it and they give it - Great!, but I don't think they should be disparaged if they don't give it to us. If you have a gripe with them then don't shop there if that's your choice.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I for one hope this comes through. I don't have anything but good things to say about Klingspors and would still be happy to shop there if they were still in Charlotte. That being said WC is about 2~3 miles from my house and the convenience is sure nice.

Plus for those that are not aware, the Charlotte WC store has stepped up in a big way for us in the past too. They put together a very nice "grab bag" for one of the Charlotte Shop Crawls and they have helped me out several times in the past. I guess I'm a bit confused at some of the snide comments? If we ask for it and they give it - Great!, but I don't think they should be disparaged if they don't give it to us. If you have a gripe with them then don't shop there if that's your choice.

What......no smilies...? :gar-Bi

Me thinkst, your referring to my posts. I don't think their snide, nor comments. Just honest opinions. Yes, we all would like discounts, yes we would like more... well...everything.

But, all I was trying to convey, is ..we shouldn't have to get all misty eyed over something someone else has been doing since day 1.

I vote with my feet and my wallet, and both rarely visit the aformentioned store for just that reason. But, again.....it's nice to be reminded :gar-Bi of where I can go:gar-La;.

Thanks for letting me share
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS