Woodcraft discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Look, the way that I see it is that local suppliers are like like your teeth, if you ignore them they will go away :gar-La;.

Seriously, I use Klingspor more than WC because of a few reasons, they are usually cheaper, they discount and I like their setup ( used tools, WONC, etc.), most of what is in WC doesn't appeal to me because alot of it is gimmicky. That being said, I use and support both fairly often. If I were buying a large piece of equipment and I could save $150-$300 on it by buying online I would, but most of my purchases are under a $200 and I do them locally to keep the businesses locally, even if I lose 5-10%. I can skip lunch and make tha up :gar-La;.

The one thing that does bother me is that WC gives some turning clubs a discount, and I was told that we don't get one because we are an internet club, which is just plain ridiculous.

Keep doing what you're doing Mike :icon_thum, and either way it turns out I thank you !

MikeH

New User
Mike
Ok just to update everyone the guy that called me the other day was from corporate in West Virginia and I think it says a lot that he even called. He is out of town until Monday so I hope to have an update on Monday sometime.

Last edited:

manfre

New User
Manfre
Mike, thanks for all the effort. If they need more incentive when you speak with them, you can mention that a member who previously shopped primarily at the Woodcraft now tends to drive past their Raleigh store to buy consumables and accessories at Klingspor because of the discount. I never went to Klingspor prior to achieving DQ status, but now that I've been I know that they have some inventory/price advantages over Woodcraft.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Personally, I'd be happy to pay any one of these vendors 5% over their un-discounted price, IF ONE OF THEM WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO OPEN A STORE IN MY AREA. Here in the east, there is nothing within an hour and a half drive - except for the BORG. Getting discounts is nice, but having a place to buy some decent wood nearby is nicer. If you are so fortunate to live near one of these vendors - be thankful!

Ernie

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I've read this thread on and off this week and find it interesting and how everyone has a different take on each retailer. I used to do the merchandising layout and selection for a major home improvement company, no names mentioned but they are Blue. Power tool do carry a very low markup and in some cases are discounted when on sale as a loss leader. The accessories have a very huge markup usually well into the triple digits.
That being said, I don't like shopping the Klingspor store in Raleigh and prefer the one in Hickory. The Raleigh location I get ignored and the service is usually abrupt. So, I spent my $200 at WC last week because they were very helpful.

So despite where you like to shop it is about customer service and if they have what you want. I order online when I can't find the exact item in the stores. Each way to purchase items is acceptable as the online with WC or Klingspor or any other location still has the profits going to the bottom line.

And I agree any discount you may get should be viewed as "gracious" and not a requirement to the shopper. I just enjoy making shavings and saw dust!

Sorry for the soap box but felt I needed to ad my two cents.

I look forward to meeting other wood workers in my area. Maybe we should do some type of social or community event to publicize the group.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS