Wood workbench top from HD

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
I don't know, at over $8/bd. ft. I think that I would spend the time to make my own. Though don't we say that to our spouses about anything made of wood? :D

That being said, the cost is low enough that if it is adequate for an urgent need I would consider it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I had a solid hard maple top 2 full inches thick x 26 inches wide and 60 inches long glued and planed at
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville for about $240. they don't trim the ends so you have to cut it to fit.
No shorts glued up, every piece is full length.

I searched all over and could not find better quality for an even higher price.

Would check with them before buying anywhere else.

When you consider the thickness and all the short pieces, well you get what you pay for.

Strom

New User
Strom
I bought a Husky Table from HD several years ago on sale. It has an elevation crank. One of the best things in my shop. It is strong and can use it as an outfeed for my saws and match the height of my work bench. Just saying spend the bucks and get this table instead of just the top.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Try the damaged bargain bin at IKEA. Picked up counter tops for over 30 linear feet of shop and garage cabinets for the same type cost

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I bought a solid maple dining room table at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $40 that will become the top for a workbench/outfeed table.

1612555333677.png

The top is 60" x 33" by about 1-1/8th" thickness. The top needs some refinishing, but it's just shop furniture so I'm not going to get too fancy with it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS