Wood Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

New User
David
I may be in need of some 1X8X72 Ambrosia Maple if anyone has any at a good price or knows where I can locate some.:help: I've got logs and growing trees running out my ears but no flat stock for a project a friend has in mind for me to do. Yeah, I know, venturing into the wild world of flat work is a strange venture for me since I'm used to working in the abstract.:eek: Weider things have been known to happen though.:dontknow:

bluthart

New User
Brian
David - lemme look, I probably have something. Maybe a bit shorter though, like 61" I may have one longer.

Dragon

New User
David
Thanks to both of you, and to Kyle as well for the PM. I much prefer to buy from one of the members here before I go the retail route. Still not sure what my "potential" customer is willing to spend but I recommended the Maple. (Mainly cuz' I like the way it looks.):gar-Bi

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I prolly got a piece out there that will work for ya but it's a bit o traveling for ya. If you dont mind the ride I will confirm beforehand.:gar-Bi

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
David let me check through my pile. I will be heading to Liberty for the sharpening work shop on Saturday. If I have it I can get it that far. I will PM you if I find any.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
David,
I have 120+ b.f. of 4/4 S2S Ambrosia Maple I bought from Steve Wall a couple of years ago, coincidentally I just cut it down to 6' lengths to fit in one of those PODS. However, I'm in Eastern NC and I think that's a fair poke from you, undoubtedly too far unless you wanted a lot of it. I'd sell it for $1.75 / b.f. if you - or any other "NCWW brother" - wanted it. I also have some 8/4 unplaned (~40 b.f.) for $2.50. All of it has been stored in my warehouse from day one. Let me know.

Dragon

New User
David
WOW! So many responses here. If this comes together and I get the go-ahead, I'm going to be needing 5 or 6 pieces, 1X8X72 though something a little shorter will work as well. I don't have a planer or anything so I will definitely be wanting S4S and then I can cut that to length as need be. Many thanks to all of you.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
not a problem here, just remember that "here" is a long ways from "there". pick out what you want and we'll edge trim & joint. I think we're all going to want to see some pics of this project.
Russ

Dragon

New User
David
not a problem here, just remember that "here" is a long ways from "there". pick out what you want and we'll edge trim & joint. I think we're all going to want to see some pics of this project.
Russ

:rotflm::rotflm:Yeah, right. You really wanna see how bad I can screw up flat work huh? Well, just for the heck of it, I'd planned on showing/embarrassing myself in public what I wind up with. It's supposed to be a simple little bookshelf unit to set model trains on for display. Can't foul up something that simple can we? We shall see shant we?????????????:gar-La;

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
I may be in need of some 1X8X72 Ambrosia Maple if anyone has any at a good price or knows where I can locate some.:help: I've got logs and growing trees running out my ears but no flat stock for a project a friend has in mind for me to do. Yeah, I know, venturing into the wild world of flat work is a strange venture for me since I'm used to working in the abstract.:eek: Weider things have been known to happen though.:dontknow:

The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc. has 4/4 and 8/4 wormy maple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS