Wood turning classes in WNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwminnich

New User
Dave
I have a Jet 1220 lathe that I've been using for a variety of spindle work for a few years, and I've decided I want to expand my repertoire to include small turned bowls/boxes. Having just moved to Hendersonville, I'm looking for locations/folks that might teach small-group classes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Dave, There is a turning club in Hickory and in Asheville. Don't have the contact info at hand but you can do a search on Google, etc., on American Association of Woodturners on line and get info. Good luck.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Dave,

I'm also in Hendersonville, but I'm not a turner. However, one of the largest AAW chapters -- the Carolina Mountain Woodturners (http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/) -- meets at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway in East Asheville on the third Saturday of each month and I am certain that they would have good sources for you to exploit. I'll also add that I'm President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association that meets every second Saturday of the month, usually at the Klingspor Woodworking Shop in Fletcher cited above. (This coming month we are meeting at one of our members shop in Hendersonville for a tailgate tool sale and picnic; PM me for details if you're interseted).

dwminnich

New User
Dave
Dave,

I'm also in Hendersonville, but I'm not a turner. However, one of the largest AAW chapters -- the Carolina Mountain Woodturners (http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/) -- meets at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway in East Asheville on the third Saturday of each month and I am certain that they would have good sources for you to exploit. I'll also add that I'm President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association that meets every second Saturday of the month, usually at the Klingspor Woodworking Shop in Fletcher cited above. (This coming month we are meeting at one of our members shop in Hendersonville for a tailgate tool sale and picnic; PM me for details if you're interseted).

PM sent.

--dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS