Wood Tek TS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
www.govdeals.com has several of these 3HP Table Saws up for auction - removed from service as the schools are converting to the 'flesh-sensor' saws. They are 2005 models (114761) Made in Taiwan.
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=6&acctid=7835

They appear to be hybrid saws.

One needs to bid on them (over $150 just now) and I am interested in buying one to replace my Craftsman Contractor 10" TS.

I could not find the manufacturer's website. Anyone know the URL?

I would like to know if the saw would be an improvement upon my Sears Contractor saw or not - and if so, the added benefit(s) I might expect.

They also have a "Delta Unisaw table saw with extension" which is at $365 at the moment and I would be interested in hearing advice on this decision I need take within the next three days.

Unisaws (current models) claim a Heavy Duty Trunion assembly. Since the Delta offered is also about ten years old and I cannot see the innards, I have no idea of what the trunion in the saw they are auctioning off might look like. I know the trunion in Sears I have is definetly not 'massive' or even close to 'massive!'

If you have experience with either of these saws and care to take the time to off a suggestion or your experience, or an idea of the value of either, it would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Charles

JohnW

New User
John
Woodworker Supply sells online and also has a store right off I-85/40 between Burlington and Durham. I've see the Woodtek machines up close and they look very much like what you see from Grizzly. Never bought Woodtek but I have several Grizzly machines including a TS. That particular saw looks to be "real" cabinet saw, not a hybrid. It's a 3HP right tilt with long rails and a Biesemeyer style fence. Very similar to the Grizzly 1023 series saws.

if you like right tilt, it should be a nice step up from your contractors saw.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Thank you for the reply.

"If you like right tilt, it should be a nice step up from your contractors saw."

It appears that they (currently, at least) offer at Right 159-353 and a 159-356 Left tilt.

I cannot tell from the Gov Deals images which version they are offering. Were you able to se a clue that allowed concluding it was a RT instead of a LT?

Moreover, I have no idea what the change from my LT Contractor Saw would 'mean!' Is it simply a matter of moving the fence to the tight of the blade, or are there consequences I am likely to find annoying or frustrating?

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Thank you for the response.

"Woodtek brand is sold by Woodworkers Supply"

I was hoping to find the MFG website as opposed to that of the retailer.

Charles

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

Charles

My understanding is that Woodtek is private label product for Woodworkers Supply, so pretty much they are the manufacturer.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member

Charles

Charles- forgive me if I am misunderstanding you, but Woodworkers Supply is the "manufacturer" and best I know the website is one and the same. They also happen to sell other brands of equipment.
Here is a link from SMC where the President of Woodworkers Supply comments on his production (bottom page) http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?34687-Woodtek-Equipment
also, a FWW product review lists the Woodtek table saw manufacturer website as woodworkers supply.
HTH, and sorry if I am not getting your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS