Wood suppliers of North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
One of the ongoing "projects" we have had on this web site is maintaining a list of wood suppliers in the state. This is intended to be a list of wood dealers that our members have worked with and are happy with. Many of our members have made contributions to that list.

Well, the list has been "upgraded!" It is now more organized (by region), and alphabetized (I think :roll:). More important, the list can now be updated by the members! Down at the bottom of the list, you can now see a link that says "Edit this Page". Just click on that link if you see something that needs to be corrected, or if you have a supplier you would like to add to the list. The only thing we ask is that you try to maintain the same format as the other items in the list (provide as much information as you reasonably can), and put your listing where it belongs in the list. ;) Even if you don't have all the information for a listing, just put what you know and maybe someone else will "fill in the blanks". That's the beauty of having a user-maintained list like this.

The link for the new page is here: Wood Suppliers of NC

There is also a link for this page under "Important Info" in the floating menu. Check it out! :eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Monty!!!! :eusa_clap

The new page is really slick!!!!!!:eusa_danc Easy to locate a close supplier. Now. If I can just keep the old wallet receptive to visiting these places, I should be able to find about any species I that I would like to try out!

Appreciate your work!

Wayne

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
thanks Monty..as usual your attention to detail makes things easier for us here.

BTW can I add some more detail to my listing?

I wanted to update it with the address.

5048 Reinhardt Circle
Iron Station, NC 28080

RobD

New User
Rob
This is great, very useful for me. If possible, one thing I think would be a nice addition would be a user comments page where users can share their experiences with the various suppliers without cluttering the main page.

Monty

New User
Monty
If possible, one thing I think would be a nice addition would be a user comments page where users can share their experiences with the various suppliers without cluttering the main page.

That's a good idea... but there is no mechanism for adding comments to that page. Only thing I can think of is to start a thread in the forums, and then link to that thread from the wood suppliers list.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
That's not a bad idear' Monty. Sounds like an appropriate topic for the "reviews" section. :eusa_thin
I added a Review link to Hardwood Store of NC.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Hey that works GREAT! Thanks for adding that review link - hopefully others will follow that example if they know of some useful information (good or bad) about these wood dealers.

I think we'll see that this type of member-editable page can be useful for other things as well.... stay tuned for more. ;)

M

McRabbet

Monty,

Based on your map, Catawba Hardwoods is actually in Region 1, not 2. The Marion location (about 2 miles off I-40 Exit 75) is their main yard and distribution center. Before it gets moved to the Region 1 listings, I'd suggest that you or Woodguy add info on the Hickory Catawba Hardwoods located on US 321N. I do not have the address, phone number and point-of-contact or I'd do it myself.

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
Oh yea - I always thought of Catawba Hardwoods as being here in HKY, but I forget their main center is out west!

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Looks good.

I have a suggestion.
Is there anyway you could put a flag in each county that has a supplier in it?

For all of us who don't know where all of those towns are.
I had to look a couple up and see where they are located at in the state.

Monty

New User
Monty
That's a good idea, and I'd love to be able to do it, but I don't see how it could technically be done. I was hoping the "region" thing would help narrow the selections down enough so you don't have to go looking through the whole list like before. I guess it's not good if you happen to live on the border of two regions... ;)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Looks good.

I have a suggestion.
Is there anyway you could put a flag in each county that has a supplier in it?

For all of us who don't know where all of those towns are.
I had to look a couple up and see where they are located at in the state.

Can this be done through a Frapper page?

Ray

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Not sure if I did it correctly , just added data to McEwen Lumber Company - Raleigh. \
Per my phone call to them, minimum order is $500, no retail.
That applies to lumber and Plywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS