Wood sources in Wilmington area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

New User
Rod
Anyone know of good sources of wood/tools/etc... in Wilmington besides Lowes and the tool store on Park?
Thanks,
Rod

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You might try Anchor Hardwoods http://www.anchorhardwoods.com/
I have never been there but I have heard my FIL mention them several times.

Or Dean Hardwoods at 1 Cowan St. 910-763-5409

Or for some unique stock - Riverwood 118 Old Dairy Rd. 910-798-9663

Dave:)

Last edited:

Lamar

New User
Lamar
Hi Rod

For power and especialy hand tools check out "Tool Plus", 4518 Park Ave and College Rd.

Its worth the time just browsing. They have a good selection and are good folks.

Regards, Lamar

Ivey

New User
Ivey
You could also check out Beaver Branch Sawmill near Burgaw there is always wood there.:-D

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Rod! For wood besides the obvious(Lowes & Home Depot) there is Anchor Hardwoods as mentioned above. They usuallly have a good selection of hardwoods and sheet goods. Nice people. As DaveO mentioned, there is Dean Hardwoods.

For tools, there is Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Tools Plus, and Craft American Hardware & Supply.

Last edited:

Rod

New User
Rod
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you & Thank you. I am off to check out these places, then get a lesson on turning bowls.
Have a great day!
rod

sawman

New User
Albert
Rod,
Skeeter and DaveO mentioned the lumber and tool suppliers her in Wilmington. For good wood working tools, Tools Plus is the place to go.
For retail lumber Anchor Hardwoods is a good place to go.
If you do not mind air drying your lumber, a trip to Burgaw to visit Ivey is a good thing to do. He has some nice lumber up there.

Later,
Albert

:saw:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Rod,
I've visited Tools Plus and Anchor Hardwoods and I certainly agree with the others. Additionally, you should consider a stop by the Kids Making It retail store on Water Street and Barouke's for unique/novelty woodworking ideas.

My $.02,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors