Wood shop for sale - $7,000 (Clayton NC) GONE

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
My curiosity is why... is he (or she) simply moving and can't take the tools? Did someone pass and they have to disburse the estate?

Some time back I posted a bunch of tools posted on CL by a guy who was selling everything. I got the 12" Jet jointer/planer combo. Someone else here got the SawStop table saw. Another got the ClearVue dust collector. And so on. There was a big Grizzly bandsaw too.

The seller was one of those DIY guys who was more motivated by making his own stuff than the process itself. He was more of a destination guy than a journey guy. When he was done building everything he wanted to make for his house, he was on to his next set of priorities.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Some time back I posted a bunch of tools posted on CL by a guy who was selling everything. I got the 12" Jet jointer/planer combo. Someone else here got the SawStop table saw. Another got the ClearVue dust collector. And so on. There was a big Grizzly bandsaw too.

The seller was one of those DIY guys who was more motivated by making his own stuff than the process itself. He was more of a destination guy than a journey guy. When he was done building everything he wanted to make for his house, he was on to his next set of priorities.
See that is interesting to me - Hoarders vs. the rest of the world! LOL

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
BTW, I emailed this guy about a few items and never got a response. He might be one of those guys who just wants to sell everything as a package deal. :(

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
@bob vaughan thinks these are "Basic" tools for a beginner and I thought they are quite a "Step-up" from what many of us start with... and maybe even the tools we currently have...
I wasn't commenting on the quality of the machine but the configuration. We all need a table saw as a basic machine. A table saw is there for sale, etc,.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Ive bought most of my equipment second hand and I think the price was fair, I ballparked what I saw in the pictures and came up with about $10k orig pricing. Im guessing there was alot more odds and ends also. But Im with Mr Vaughan on this one, no one buys an entire woodshop in one fell swoop, especially hobbyist level equipment like this.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
BTW, I emailed this guy about a few items and never got a response. He might be one of those guys who just wants to sell everything as a package deal. :(
Does not seem like a motivated seller. When on rare occasion I sell items on CL, I check my email and phone on a regular basis. But thats me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS