Wood Run - 4/4 red oak & white oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster2

New User
Don
I am driving from Virginia to Orlando, FL on Oct. 7 and plan to haul 200 - 400 bd. ft. of lumber all or part way to help pay for my gas. I have some excellent kiln dried (6 -8% MC) 4/4 select red oak ($2.50/bd.ft.) & white oak ($2.85) in 4 - 5' lengths that I can deliver to points along the way. Some photos of the actual lumber are posted below. Currently I plan to cross NC via I-77 but would consider an alternative path is not too far out of the way. Currently the lumber is rough (unsurfaced) but given sufficient lead time I may be able to surface some prior to departure. Sales to registered members of the North Carolina Woodworker (NCW) only and 10% of all sales will be contributed to the NCW. Buyers will need to be flexible to meet me on Friday morning, October 7 near an I-77 exit or other place mutually agreed to in advance. Cash or Paypal accepted. I would prefer to sell a minimum of 100 bd ft per stop but will be as accomodating as possible. PHOTOS POSTED BELOW

Email/call with interest/questions.

Don

hdwoodhill@gmail.com
cell (540) 460-6064

IMG_11223.JPG

View image in gallery

sawduster2

New User
Don
Bump to update - offer expires at noon on Wednesday so I can get my load set up and loaded. Please note photos have been added to original posting.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Don, those are some great looking boards, and well worth the $. No visible end checks or defects; the traces of anchorseal are even still visible.

Very nice job milling and drying!

Fellow NCWW members - one of the things that separates different millers and kiln operators is the amount of usable lumber that you can net from your boards. This is also reflected in the price. Some millers mill for yield, others for grade, and as woodworkers it is always best to seek out the latter.

When you find "low dollar" deals, often the ends of the boards are heavily checked, the boards are twisted, etc., and there are various defects (or problems down the road due to lack of sterilization/kiln drying). As a result, your actual net from your purchase may only be 50 - 70% usable lumber.

Lumber such as this depicted from Don should yield you 99% usable lumber, and IMO well worth the investment.

Scott

sawduster2

New User
Don
Let me see if I can get another order by Tuesday evening, if so I'll be happy to run 40' down to Charlotte.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I would be interested in at least 100 bd ft but will be in Birmingham 10/7 - I won't get home until late. If you came I-77 all the way to I-26 and then took that to I-95 you would be going very close to me - but I won't be here.

sawduster2

New User
Don
Re: Wood Run - 4/4 red oak & white oak SALE HAS ENDED

Thanks for the interest in this Wood Run. I will be sharing a pick-up load with some NCW members and welcome their feedback. I have load the truck tonight so I have to end the sale for this trip.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Re: Wood Run - 4/4 red oak & white oak SALE HAS ENDED

This is a quick thanks to Don. He arrived at the agreed upon place at the agreed time. The price was very fair and the wood looks great. It will be a couple weeks before I get time to start making something from it but I am confident is will work well. This arrangement saved me a bunch of money on gas and time. Thanks Don.

Jim

I will say thanks to Don as well. He was great to talk to and the wood I got from him looks like I WOOD have expected it too. I look forward to making saw dust with it soon.

so you members here in north part of North Carolina you have a friend in DON in VA next time you run out of saw dust making material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS