WOOD LATHE TO BENEFIT AM VETS

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
A good friend recently passed from Covid 19; his wife has donated this nearly new HF wood lathe to raise money for Am Vets NC Post 76 Honor Guard. The lathe has seen very limited use and is in like new condition. A face plate comes with it. This lathe is a great machine for someone who has a limited budget but would like to begin turning. We were unable to find the manual or turning chisels. This machine retails for $449.99, but our goal is to realize $250.00, delivery can be arranged as I'm located south of Hickory and Newton by several miles.
The NC Post 76 Honor Guard does Military Honors at Veterans funerals and memorials at no charge, having done as many as 5 in one week. We pay for our own uniforms, our Honor Guard Bus, and all other expenses from our pockets and donations. Please know that whoever buys this lathe is also helping to support to a very worth cause.

1637332771307.png

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
The full size HF is around $400 new. We own one. It’s a good machine. i also own a small Nova lathe.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
CENTRAL MACHINERY 12 In. X 33-3/8 In. 3/4 HP Wood Lathe With Reversible Head $429.99
Compare to NOVA 46300 at $469.99 Save $40

Looks like Variable Speed that mine does not have. But the stand looks identical and, in my case, was an Elvis - shake, rattle and roll! I wound up creating a cabinet base that reinforced the base and quieted it down considerably while offering a nice space of the accessories needed to turn.

My first project was a workaround for putting a hook on a hollow core door: Hollow Core Door Robe Hook Support

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
CENTRAL MACHINERY 12 In. X 33-3/8 In. 3/4 HP Wood Lathe With Reversible Head $429.99
Compare to NOVA 46300 at $469.99 Save $40

Looks like Variable Speed that mine does not have. But the stand looks identical and, in my case, was an Elvis - shake, rattle and roll! I wound up creating a cabinet base that reinforced the base and quieted it down considerably while offering a nice space of the accessories needed to turn.

My first project was a workaround for putting a hook on a hollow core door: Hollow Core Door Robe Hook Support
We added sandbags. It also has variable speed

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I will buy it, but you will have to find someone to give it to....
Hi Tom, only 1 person wants the lathe, Eric Abernathy, he's disabled but enjoys woodworkimg and lives in Alexis. Around noon you can announce it. I will deliver it when i get the lathe tools

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Kenneth, I believe this is an improper post on someone else's thread, mine. You have not followed the guidelines and posted an introductory thread, nor made 5 posts to be allowed the priviledge you have not earned to post for sale items, which belong in a different forum. I'm asking a moderator to remove your posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
We added sandbags. It also has variable speed
OK, at the risk of violating something in order to show you (Berta) the mods done to my FIXED SPEED HFT LATHEI am attaching a pdf of four pics showing plywood 'case.' Arbor Threads and link belt. No sandbags at all and it is steady and much quieter than when first assembled! Prettier, too?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS