Wood From The Woodworking Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Had a chance to go by Rick's place again this weekend. I got to get some 8/4 Mahogany and 5/4 Hard Maple. That hard maple is freaking heavy.

IMG_3909_1024x768.JPG

View image in gallery

It was great to be able to talk to Rick and Bill(bwat). Hopefully Josh didn't drive you guys nuts. :) He loves going to woodworking stores. It's a double edge sword. I get to share it with him but I never get as much time as I would like.

Now if your wondering what I am going to build with this. I am going to start my first electric guitar. I was going to paint the body but after looking at the wood and at the persuasion of Rick and Bill. I believe that I will just do a natural finish.

Hopefully I can pull this thing off. I'll be doing a build log on the blog but I will also post progress here as well.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:widea: I need a new work bench. You can use the hard maple ti make it for me. :wsmile:

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
:widea: I need a new work bench. You can use the hard maple ti make it for me. :wsmile:

Scott that's a good idea. I might have to do that. I need to build a nice little assembly bench for the guitars. That hard maple would work nice. I think I would have to put wheels on it though so I could move it around the shop. :)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score Kevin. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Building an electric guitar? Man, I can't wait to see the WIP photos! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS