Wood for Adirondack Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Julson

New User
Update your profile with your name
Splinter: I echo Steve D. using cypress & SS... Been using SS & cypress with the deck chairs I have been making & don't regret it a bit. I have been using stepdowels on the seat slats and they have been holding up good for the past couple of years, but only time will tell how they do over all. They look good but labor intensive. Just got some brass screws & inserts but don't know how they will do. I keep experimenting.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
The Hardwood Store of NC has Ipe. I have used both white oak and Ipe and they stand up to the weather very will.

J

jeff...

I would also like to chime in on white oak as a good cost effective lumber of choice for outdoor furniture. White oak is in abundance and availible just about anywhere. If you can get you hands on quarter sawn, highly consider using it, it's more dimentionally stable than flat sawn, plus you get the look of the "rays" too...

But whatever wood you end up using, I would 2nd the use of a water sealer like kyle suggested. It will not only help the wood retain it's natural beauty but keep the water out too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS