Wood Flooring Excess... Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeach

New User
Mike
I have a good chunk of hardwood flooring that is pre-finished left over. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with it?

fergy

New User
Fergy
What species is this? Or is it engineered?

I just saw some projects out of Jatoba flooring where it was planed down to remove the grooves on the back side. Only issue is that you're looking at 5/8" thickness when finished.

mbeach

New User
Mike
I am not sure what kind of wood it is. Here is a picture. The wood was in the house when I moved in and there is a large box full of the excess in the garage.

woodfloor.jpg

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks like white oak to me. It's usable, but if pre-finished it might be very hard on your blades and tools ... so take that into consideration (ruining a blade might not be worth saving a couple bucks by using it)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I am not sure what kind of wood it is. Here is a picture. The wood was in the house when I moved in and there is a large box full of the excess in the garage.

I'd keep those "extras". If you ever have water damage, or something like that, it would be nice to have those around (don't ask me how I know:eek:)

mbeach

New User
Mike
Im planning on keeping some, just in case something happens.... but would like to use some for something. just dont know what....

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Im planning on keeping some, just in case something happens.... but would like to use some for something. just dont know what....

Well, it is usable. It's wood with some very hard finish on it, that's it. I'd say have at it!

If you sand it ... wear protection (as always). Might be some nasty chemicals used in that finish.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I've seen someone make a router table out of it - but that was laminate, not prefinished hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS