Wood Finishes Explained

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
I wrote an article back in 2020 explaining the science behind, pros & cons and applications of various wood finishes called, Wood Finishes Explained". The article was moved to the learning section of the old site and there used to be a direct link to it from the forum but it was never easy to find. Someone I work with was interested in reading the article but I can no longer find it since the site was updated. It would be best if that article could reside in the "Finishing" section of this forum somehow, maybe as a "sticky" that other forums utilize for ease of locating it as I believe it would benefit many but having it hidden doesn't achieve goal.

I found a thread in our search where someone was looking for it and the link is broken (at least on my end) but here's the old link: https://www.ncwoodworker.com/post/wood-finishes-explained

Thanks,
Jeremy Finison

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I found the files I saved from the original site, but they are so ingrained with Wix coding, I think it is going to be nearly impossible to restore for use again. I'll work on it in the background, but it's not looking promising at the moment.

th_in_gs

Jamie
User
The Internet Archive’s ‘Wayback Machine’ has a copy - though it doesn’t seem to have the images:

[It has copies of most things that were at least semi-popular. Paste an old URL into the box at the top of Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine and it usually works to some extent.]

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Any update on getting my document posted on this site under the finishing section as a "sticky" or under resources (not as intuitive to look here though for someone looking for finishing info) ?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS