wood filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
At the risk of revealing how many mistakes I make I was wondering if anyone can recommend a stainable wood filler?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Most of the little cans of wood filler from the BORG will take stain. But they will take it more than most woods, Try a test board. Dave:smile:

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
we use the ever popular famowood at work, and if i have the opportunity, i mix some of the stain with a small bit of filler before i apply it.

phillip

Jay

New User
Jay
Thanks for the info. guys. One more question where are you getting your filler. I am in Goldsboro and we are woodworking poor here. The only store in Goldsboro is Lowes and I don't think I have seen them. It is entirely possible that I missed them however.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
At the Lowe's in my area they are near the wood glues, across from the sheet sandpaper, in the paint section. Dave:smile:

Jay

New User
Jay
I am going by there tomorrow so I will check and see. That is where I found the stuff I am using now. I bought some PL Fix and I think this can may be bad. When I tried it was just like sand. No moisture or anything to make it stick to the wood. I would just apply it and it would fall right out like some sand. Yes I did mix it as the directions stated but it did not help.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Jay,

Check this out. I use it and would highly recommend it to anyone. They have just about any color you could ask for and the nice thing is if it does happen to dry out, just add a little water and wha la, it is just like it came from the store. Very reasonable price but you have to order it from a distributor in Ill.

http://www.timbermate.com/about_us

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS