Wood Filler - Outdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Everyone,

Well....... I build another pair of Adirondack chairs for some friends this weekend. I used Southern Yellow Pine:slap: mainly because they wanted inexpensive wood and would ultimately paint them.

From a recent thread I read here, it sounded like I needed to find me some Glidden primer ...I think it was called "Gripper"? Not too sure where I can go to get some?

Also. I need to some wood filler to smooth out the areas where I have countersunk screws. Can anyone recommend a good filler that would work on outdoor furniture like this? (I do have some filler but it appears to only recommended for indoor use.)

Any feedback that you can provide would be very helpful and very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There was a recent thread on this subject, but the holes were caused by carpenter bees, not screws. But in your case I think that Durhams Rock Hard water putty would work well

http://www.waterputty.com/

I got that from the other thread :-D

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I have used a lot of Bondo to patch outdoor and indoor holes. Good enough for cars, works on wood.

Also a big fan of durham's wood putty. Mix in a bit of outdoor yellow glue, it'll make it easier to work with. Picked that tip up from a Michael Dresdner finishing dvd.

Jim

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I used Bondo as to fill the screw holes and Gliden's Gripper (from Lowes) primer and a Gloss white exterior latex enamel topcoat. Holding up real well so far.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS