Wood classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Just wondering what everyone else thinks about prohibiting any wood sales in the classifieds. This includes commercial and private sales. Thus all sales would have to be made in the Wood forum and we could enable small pics there.

This would eliminate most of the controversy and confusion.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
How about we create a entire forum just for wood sales? There are other reasons to post under the wood forum other then to buy and sell and I don't want to take away from that.

M

McRabbet

I agree with keeping them out of the Classified Ads since it is truly a gray area to determine if a particulate sale is commercial or not. I would also recommend that we not put them in the Wood Forum, but we create a "Wood For Sale" Forum. If you want to sell it, it must go there. It should not matter if it is commercial or not, except in making this move, we must not jeopardize our paid Advertisers. What incentive will there be for people like Gwen and Bill Watt (Carolina Lumber Sourcing) to pay $150 over a 3 month period if anyone can sell wood for no fee. The only fair way is to charge anyone that wants to sell wood -- Carolina Lumber Sourcing or Kyle or Jeff Mills or CB Burls -- a fixed amount for any Ad placed in that forum. It should cost any seller (including Scott Smith) $25 for each Ad. JMTCW.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I agree a "pay per ad" is probably a good way to go. It doesn't have to be a huge amount, just something to keep it fair to the folks that choose to pay for ads. I just try to remember the paid advertisers "choose" to advertise with us.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Do we really need a pay forum for wood? The paid advertisers get their ads shown all the time. To buy wood, you will need to go to the forum specifically and look. Could we set it up so you get so many for free a year, then you have to pay?

Again, JMTCW.

M

McRabbet

Anyone selling wood is doing it for profit or a return on what they invested (might be sweat). Notwithstanding, if we make it free, it is a snub to the folks that pay us real money to advertise. It can still be a better deal than going to a retail supplier and the sellers have a captive audience. We're not looking to gouge them, but we need our advertisers, too. If anyone is to get their wood Ad in the new forum for free, it should be free for our advertisers.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Anyone selling wood is doing it for profit or a return on what they invested (might be sweat). Notwithstanding, if we make it free, it is a snub to the folks that pay us real money to advertise. It can still be a better deal than going to a retail supplier and the sellers have a captive audience. We're not looking to gouge them, but we need our advertisers, too. If anyone is to get their wood Ad in the new forum for free, it should be free for our advertisers.

+1

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The ability so swap/sell wood to one another thru NCWW is a feature the members enjoy. To the extent that they compete with the paid sellers, so what. The paid advetisers are on the front page and have a large inventory. They are reaching a target audience.

An analogy: Member who sell tools "compete" with Klingspor and The Molding Source. Are we going to stop that? I think there is room for both and, playing devil's advocate, do not think we need to charge for ads.

We should discuss this together.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You know what I think? I think we are discussing this together.....

Ho hum...

Do we ask the corporate membership what they want to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors