'Wood Art' on display at Fayetteville Museum of Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
We all have seen pictures of his work posted here, whether in his gallery or via his website, but when you visit the above museum you can get a real appreciation for Cad's (James Holland) handiwork. there are a few other pieces on display to, much larger, and quite impressive in their own right.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Boy, I wish F-ville was closer. I would enjoy seeing his exhibit. Pete, you need to go and take some pics for us distance challenged folks :-D
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
that means I would need unsupervised digital camera permission. Not sure I have earned that many points.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Forgot the camera:eusa_doh:, but I did make it by the Fayetteville Museum of Art today. Glad I did. I now see where I need to go with my turning. Thanks Cad for the inspiration!

Anyone who makes it by will also be interested to see some HUGE turnings, including a cool ambrosia maple vessel, by someone else. I would love to know what size lathe they have (and how they convinced SWMBO to let them buy it)...

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Matt said:
Forgot the camera:eusa_doh:, but I did make it by the Fayetteville Museum of Art today. Glad I did. I now see where I need to go with my turning. Thanks Cad for the inspiration!

Anyone who makes it by will also be interested to see some HUGE turnings, including a cool ambrosia maple vessel, by someone else. I would love to know what size lathe they have (and how they convinced SWMBO to let them buy it)...
IIRC, that particular artist was female????? Elsie something????? I have never seen any of the women posters on here call their SO's HWMBO...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

maybe I can get camera privileges over the next week, if I am real well behaved... or maybe I can sneak it out?:eusa_shhh

sapwood

New User
Roger
Matt,

Could this be the lathe you're seeking?

Lathe

Apparently pixs are a problem today, so I decided to try a link. I know Steve is working hard, but I miss my pixs :eusa_shhh

Sapwood

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
NCPete said:
IIRC, that particular artist was female????? Elsie something????? I have never seen any of the women posters on here call their SO's HWMBO...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Elsie some-body made the sombrero right? I thought someone else made the ambrosia maple vessel. Beware though, my mind is like a steel sieve! Regardless, I do remember enought to know that whoever made that stuff impressed the heck out of me!:icon_thum

I also think you're right about HWMBO. I think if my wife were to post on here, I would be HWMBI (He Who Must Be Ignored) :lol::lol:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Matt said:
Honestly, I don't know if that would be big enough.

Yeah, those pieces were huge! more of a circumference issue than length! the sombrero must have been 40 inches across!

still looking for the GIANT German lathe they did the 13 foot bowl on. That would definitely be big enough!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Matt said:
Elsie some-body made the sombrero right? I thought someone else made the ambrosia maple vessel. Beware though, my mind is like a steel sieve! Regardless, I do remember enought to know that whoever made that stuff impressed the heck out of me!:icon_thum

I also think you're right about HWMBO. I think if my wife were to post on here, I would be HWMBI (He Who Must Be Ignored) :lol::lol:

That's ME! HWMBI!8-O8-O8-O:lol:

I've got the same issue, steel sieve wise...... I am working short staffed tomorrow, but seeing as though I will probably be nuking my lunch tomorrow, I can take the walk over and get some more info on the names. Maybe even write them down? novel idea...:lol:

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Is your shop in the plaza in front of the museum? I *think* I will be back in town next week. If so, I will have to stop in and introduce myself.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yup, front corner. You happened by today on my one day off this week. Rent-A-Center. Welcome by!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Oh my goodness, NCPete!!!!

If Steve see's this lathe he will be looking for an upgrade real soon!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do they use for a tool rest and turning tools?(I saw the chain saw. Is that it for gouges?) Now my benchtop tools look really puny!

They are awesome pictures!

Thanks,

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS