Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Don't let the "diamonds" fool you
2223233wavewalnutdiamond.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Eagle you have a vision well beyond normal folks. I just can't see how that will turn out into one of your signature wave pens...but I sure do look forward to seeing the results.

Dave:)

Gary G

New User
Gary
That glue-up had to be a lot of work; making the strip that serves as each inlay must've been tedious.
What's it going to dress up?

Gary

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I don't know, this is just a test piece, maybe a cigar or a perfect fit.
I have also been toying around with the idea of making it a power point shop pencil

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
:eusa_doh:

You sure that's the blank? Looks like a pencil to me!:rolf:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin
Maybe if you stretch you imagination to the breaking point and squint real good with your tongue hanging out of the side of your mouth on the second tuesday of the 6th week of the thirteenth month.
Either that or it looks like a round piece of walnut with the impression of a live center with a cup in it.
That would be my guess.:icon_thum

:-D
pencil end view
pencil.jpg

Last edited:

rherrell

New User
Rick Herrell
Eagle,You 'da man! But you have entirely too much time on your hands. Must be your fingers. I bet you have teeny tiny fingers.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I gauzed it for drilling.(intellegence and experience prompts me to gauze ALL of my glue ups before drilling) I invest too much time and effort in blanks like these to rush something only to see it disintegrate while drilling.
So far using the "gauze reinforcement" on numerous blanks with different materials my success rate is 100%.If it aint broke(and they don't brake using this method) I don't have to fix it (or throw it away).I have a couple more projects going on at this time and I am not rushing any of them.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle,You 'da man! But you have entirely too much time on your hands. Must be your fingers. I bet you have teeny tiny fingers.

Well the middle finger of my right hand was swollen about twice it's size after I mashed it in a sheet metal break.
Nothing broken other than the the nail all the way across about 1/4" from the tip .
I caught it good enough that the tip of the skin "exploded"
Things are slow in the shop for a few days.:crybaby2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS