Wixey or Digi-kit Saw Fences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Folks,
Anyone out there using a DRO on the table saw fence?
I just bought a couple of DROs for my planer and wide belt sander. One was off-brand (ebay), the other was from digi-kit (US made in Fletcher NC by Accurate Technologies). The DRO from Accurate Technologies was less expensive and better made than the off-brand!! I wish I had found that company before. For their small stuff they are even a bit cheaper than Wixey.
Now I am looking for a larger DRO for the table saw. Looking at the respective web sites, I can't really decide how to best attach the DRO to my equipment. Is there anyone out there who has one and let me look at it?
Any other hints, tips, tricks, comments are also appreciated!

PS Also got the Wixey angle gauge, that is a very useful little tool!!

Cheers,
Bernhard

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Bernhard,

I have the Wixey angle guage (mag base) and use it on the table saw, band saw and the jointer and find it a great little tool for the bucks. I just ordered the Wixey for my DW 735 planner and found it on sale at Woodcraft for $44.99.

I've not seen a DRO for the fence but would be interested in one, but would be concerned with how to attach to the fence (my fence face is phenolic). Be interested in what anyone else has to say.

Dan C.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Dan/Pete: I used the no-name brand on the Planer, becouse I needed 8.5". Wixey only offers a 6". Meanwhile I found accurate technologies (digi-kit.com (hobby site) and proscale.com (commercial/industrial site)). The digi-planer is 8" lomng comes with all different mounting brackets and is on sale for $45 on the digi-kit web site.

Rhett: Tiger stop is way out of my budget. Proscale.com has a pretty good one for about $300, but I like to see a Wixey. The Wixey is $149 and has the same length (60"), same specs in resolution/precision. I just can't figure out from the pictures if I can mount it on my saw.

Cheers,
Bernhard

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Bernhard
Check with Alan from the info bellow I think he has one

Have you contacted (Barry) Wixey? A great guy and the main (only?) designer behind the company. Use the email address on his web site. He is developing stuff all the time and might even have a solution for you. All you need is a longer sensor track and bar. You could fabricate the bar and mount, and buy a longer spring. The Wixey table saw digital fence sensor strip can be made in any length and cut to any length. In fact, it is only shipped in shorter, joinable lengths, so it fits standard packaging and doesn't have to be rolled up. You would have to check with Barry, but I would think it might be relatively easy to fabricate a longer planer strip.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Bernard, I have had a Wixey digital tablesaw fence for over a year- first the beta version (I was a tester) then a production model for the last few months. I'm on the road so I don't have access to my pics, but I will try to forward you a copy of the report I sent Barry Wixey. Let me know if the pics don't come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS