Wish I had stock in cardboard containers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Received a shipment from Amazon tonight, I got 6 GS 24" clamps and they were individually packaged in 6 cartons with ballon bags. The UPS guy kept shoving them out of the back of the truck and I wondered for a minute whether they overshipped but found out that was not the case. These are the first Gross Stabil clamps I have purchased so it will be interesting as to their worth. I understand Bessey bought out Gross Stabil so I wonder if their look will change or not. The ones I got are the Scott Phillips signature model which I nabbed from Amazon for $21.00 ea. Would have preferred some Jorgy's but decided to give these a try.

I'll post a review for anyone that's interested.

MIke

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
At least they were in a box. Last year, Amazon was shipping 50" and bigger Bessies with a little piece of cardboard around the head. Care to guess how many of the plastic feet got broken off in transit? UPS shipping label was wrapped around the bar. A real PITA tp get off.

M

McRabbet

I got a carton from Amazon.com today that measured 24 x 17-1/2 x 11-1/2. Inside was the product I ordered in its box 7-1/2 x 8 x 11-1/2 (a Kodak Digital Camera Printer). A mere 7-fold difference in volume! The Kodak box was surrounded by several yards of brown wrapping paper and it had shifted to the corner of the carton (no plastic air bags for a change). Plus, they split my order into two shipments -- I'm waiting on a 160 count Color Paper Cartridge for the printer and a copy of Jeff Jewitt's "Complete Illustrated Guide to Finishing"; they'll probably come in a bigger box! And, of course I selected "Free Shipping". Amazingly, their prices are still great!

Rob

striker

New User
Stephen
Our shipping dept. at work over boxes small items just to keep from getting lost in the shuffle. Also when when the "fed up" driver punts them into the truck you get a little extra protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS