WIP: You do NOT want to know what this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Here's a photo of my latest project. No, it's not going to be a Blanket Chest. This item needed to look like a nice piece of furniture. Just suffice it to say it will hold something! I am waiting for the "36 hinge to come from Rockler so I can send it back for a 48" hinge that's coming! Geez, measure once...measure twice...then order the wrong size hinge! DOH!

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=40056&ppuser=641&sortby=f&sorttime=1&way=asc

showphoto.php

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
We have five cats. Two are quite er...shall we say plump? We also have two large dogs. The dogs like the er...kitty treats...a bit too much. A couple years ago I threw together a smaller one that we painted to look well...cute. Anyway, we were wanting something a bit more sophisticated and this is the result. It's going to be stained a dark Java color like the rest of our furniture. And yes, I will be building a three story hide-away, feeding station and scratching station all-in-one as well.

I have ADD, so I have NO clue as to how to design then build it, so I just design on the fly. YIKES!

Thanks for all the kudos. I will posts photos of the inside once I get the box in...no photos of treats however! LOL
:nah:

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Does the 'cat' require a federal permit? I've seen Tiger cages that size!:gar-La;

Well, one of my cats, Angus, does require a federal permit...at least in his head. He's a large boy that likes to attack my Border Collie/Akita Mix. It's too the point now that Dakota will litterally yelp if he gets too close! LOL

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice! I built something like that, it doubles as a bird cage stand. Yes, the dog, the cats and the birds all get along.. The pullout shelf has worked remarkably well, it makes everything very accessible. And I must admit I sort of designed this thing on the fly as well. :)

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Bas, that's awesome! We wanted to go for a top opening. The cats will access from the other side of what you see in my photo. The pull out drawer is giving me an idea for my rabbits. They are next. We are in dire need of re-doing our garage. Organizational nightmare out there! :wconfused:

Dragon

New User
David
:rotflm:Sounds like the way I work Man. Most of my work is done on the "fly" so-to-speak. I whack down a tree, cut off some large sized logs, and then cut away everything that don't look like a table. Knee deep in sawdust and shavings is the norm for me. You go with the "cat box" and let's see the end result.:icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS