WIP Pedestal Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've been working on this table for a few days now. This one will be auctioned off for a fund raiser at a local school. It's simular to one I built last year that didn't turn out like I wanted so I made a few changes. It is mahogony and zebrawood veneer. More to follow.
100_05321.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks great Larry! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap What are you going to finish with?

Trent :icon_bigg

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Looks great Larry! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap What are you going to finish with?

Trent :icon_bigg
I'll proably use Mahogony Olympic Gell Stain and shelac on the mahogony> I'm not sure yet about the zebrawood. I don't know if it needs any stain or not. I'm trying some different ones on some scrap pieces.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Ed the table is 29" high and the top is about 28" wide. The veneer doesn't show it in the pic but I had to use a piece from a second pack and I'm afraid it won't match after a finish coat. I'm going to do some staining to try to get a match but if that doesn't work I'll have to make a new veneered section:BangHead:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Awesome looking table. I like the design and wood contrasts. Hope it goes well at the auction. Have you thought of just putting a water based clear sealer and finish on the Zebrawood? It would be a shame to alter the grain contrasts of the Zebrawood. (Just my humble opinion.)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Larry,
Once again you've created another beautiful piece. Your work is so classic, with the use of veneers and such, I love it.

Jimmy:)

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Awesome looking table. I like the design and wood contrasts. Hope it goes well at the auction. Have you thought of just putting a water based clear sealer and finish on the Zebrawood? It would be a shame to alter the grain contrasts of the Zebrawood. (Just my humble opinion.)
That was my origional intent but because I had to use veneers from two different packages they don't match like I wanted them to.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
What kind of glue are you using for the veneers? I believe Pop Woodworking had an article talking about the benefits of hide glue, but a lot of times I see articles in other mags where they primarily use PVA or UF. What do you prefer?

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
What kind of glue are you using for the veneers? I believe Pop Woodworking had an article talking about the benefits of hide glue, but a lot of times I see articles in other mags where they primarily use PVA or UF. What do you prefer?
I'm using Titebond II and have had good luck with it. It seem to work well with a vacumn press or clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS