WIP Pedestal Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
After the most of our heat wave got over I finally got back to work in the shop. This is the table based on an earlier thread of a sketch I did. If anyone remembers it, I chickened out on the reeding arount the pedestal. Maybe next time. The table is walnut and rosewood veneer or so the package says. It doesn't look like any rosewood I've seen. Anybody know? Now I have to take it apart sand, glue up and finish with Minwax Antigue Oil. I'll post more pics when done.

Attachments

• 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_0373.jpg
    100_0373.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 184

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I love the way you select and align the grain on your work. The color selection is perfect, too. Simply beautiful. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is GORGEOUS Larry!

I would love to hear some of how you cut and fit your pieces, attach to substrate, etc. What works, what doesn't work, all of that.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Travis, I use a carpet (Hooked Blade) knife with just the last quarter inch honed razor sharp. Also I use a paper cutter like you find in offices. I draw the design on the substrait (usually birch ply) and start cutting pieces to fit in the lines. They are taped together with blue painters tape as I go along. After its all fitted I use coldpress glue or even Elmers yellow glue. Until this project I used cauls and clamps to finish the job. I just recently bought a vacumn press and it works great.

nelsone

New User
Ed
From that little sketch you have created quite a masterpiece! Can't wait to see it finished. Glad to see those corners got rounded off a little!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors