WIP Baby Bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Between the heat wave and beach trips and my being just plain lazy, I have made a little progress on the bed for my grandchild that's on the way (my son Sandys). This bed is convertable to full size by unbolting the sides (not compleated yet) and replacing with rails. If I don't get in a faster gear, the child can skip right to the full size (due in Nov.).:embaresse It is made of poplar and will be painted.
100_1171.jpg

View image in gallery

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Larry, that is going to be a nice bed for the grandchild:icon_thum What will make it even better is when you look down and see your grandchild lying in it:eusa_danc - But like you say you better get in high gear - grandchild will be here before you know it:gar-La;

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Man, Larry, that is going to be a fine looking bed that will last for generations, I bet!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I too have a grandchild on the way and also have to get snappin' on building.

Did you use some sort of bending form for that piece at the top of the headboard?:icon_scra

Thanks for sharing your progress!

Looks great!

Wayne

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Man, Larry, that is going to be a fine looking bed that will last for generations, I bet!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I too have a grandchild on the way and also have to get snappin' on building.

Did you use some sort of bending form for that piece at the top of the headboard?:icon_scra

Thanks for sharing your progress!

Looks great!

Wayne
Wayne, I made a form by screwing 2 pieces of 2X8 together and bandsawing the shape. I then resawed the stock to 1/8" and glued them up to 3/4" and clamped around the form.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wayne, I made a form by screwing 2 pieces of 2X8 together and bandsawing the shape. I then resawed the stock to 1/8" and glued them up to 3/4" and clamped around the form.

Cool idea, Larry!:cool::cool:

Did you then take it to the jointer to flatten the edges?

I need to try this sometime!!:widea::widea:

Thanks!

Wayne

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
One lucky grandchild to have Grandpa build him / her a bed that wil last a lifetime and will probably be passed on the his / her kids.
Beautiful work - don't stop now . Probably needs a side table to match the bed, and in a few
years - a desk.
Most rewarding projects - building furniture for the grand kids.
Don't forget to personalize it by signing it .

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Cool idea, Larry!:cool::cool:

Did you then take it to the jointer to flatten the edges?

I need to try this sometime!!:widea::widea:

Thanks!

Wayne
Wayne, I jointed one edge then ran the other thru the band saw and then jointed it.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Looks good dad (soon to be Poppie!!!!). I showed Nicole the picture and she's loving it - brought her to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors