Winterize That Power Washer - NOW!!!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
With temps on Christmas weekend not to be much, if any, above freezing, it's time to winterize your power washer. To winterize mine, I disconnect washering hose, and with power running run a solution of 90% RV antifreez and 10% mineral oil thru the pump. Only takes a few ounces to do the job, displacing any water in the pump, plus lubricating the parts. Choose wisely where you want spray to go, as it's mostly mineral oil. I buy my mineral oil in the pharmacy section at Walmart

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Good call Bruce!
The irrigation and hoses have been done since Oct.
thanks for the reminder
I better hit the Airless sprayer too.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gotta work out something for the water supply to the unheated s'hanger. Drained the lines that run from one wall to the other across the rafter beam (steel) but the supply runs about 7' vertically up an outside wall with the shutoff valve at the top. I can place a small space heater with fan near the valve but concerned about the water in the toilet bowl and the vertical run of the supply inside the wall. The supply line runs inside the exterior wall which is also the bathroom wall. The interior wall covering is sheet metal. I believe the exterior has about 2" of fiberglass like you normally see on steel buildings. I have drained the toilet tank.

Thinking that a small space heater in the bathroom will be a sound investment. The s'hanger is great in capturing radiant heat from the sun through the light panels in the roof but I'm thinking 15 degrees may be a bit much to keep up with.

I have flash backs of growing up on the dairy farm in AL and leaving the water running from the taps in the dairy barn. No heat and all the plumbing was exposed. Hard on the well and usually successful. It was a real mess when the flow was insufficient.

Stay warm!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors