Wine glass rack

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Back in October I asked for help with creating moldings to hold wine glasses. As usual I received lots of ideas and offers. This past week I tackled it. For the specs I used the dimensions from a drawing provided by Ste6168. It turned out to be a lot easier then I thought.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The molding is cherry. I applied a coat of Watco Danish Oil (Natural) followed by two coats of semi gloss polyacrylic. The existing shelf already had a cherry finish.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
What did you do for the bevel, just run it through the tilted tablesaw blade?
Yup..... Plans called for 10 degrees so that is what I used. The rails are cut from 1/2" x 4" stock. I had my fence set at roughly 3/16". The riser was glued on after the bevel was cut. There is a 1" gap between the moldings.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Those look a lot like the ones I made for the two wine cabinets that I made way back when my niece got married. Came out nice.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great. I did some like that several years ago in white oak for a customer but I cut it all from one piece instead of gluing on a riser. Our cabinet maker once advised me that when gluing cherry and other oily type woods a good lacquer or acetone wipe down was necessary to achieve bond. Did you have any issues with that?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dennis I used titebond II to attach the riser and had no issues. I guess time will tell. The moldings are attached to the shelves with screws.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS