Wine glass rack pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeves

New User
dwight
Looking For a pattern or dimensions for hanging stemed wine glasses overhead upside down
Thanks in advance Dwight

:help:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
All my friends drink right from the neck :rolf:, but I've seen a couple of wine cabinet plans in Woodsmith and Wood over the years. A search there may turn up something. I have seen them made with just a piece of 1/4" glued to a narrower 3/4" and screwed from the top.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Most glassware racks wind up being custom jobs depending on your inventory of stemware - goblets, flutes, standard wine glasses etc.

Determine the slot spacing on center by measuring the diameter of each style and adding 1/2" to 1" to keep the glasses from knocking together. Put a fairly aggressive roundover on the upper side of the slots to accomodate the fillet at the transition from stem to base, this will help reduce the amount of sway in the glasses as they hang.

Hope that helps!
C.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Chris, you sure seem to know a lot about wine. Most of my friends are like Joe's: they just screw the cap back on and stick it in their pocket. :rotflm:

Bill

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I made some for a customer a couple months ago on a TS. Used 1-3/8" oak stock 3-7/8" wide. Left 3/4" w x 1/2" d standing in the center & gave it a 7 degree bevel. Rounded the radius on the bottom with a belt sander. Spaced them 3/4" apart.Here's a pic:

Last edited:

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Chris, you sure seem to know a lot about wine.

Only enough to make me dangerous! My uncle is a wine aficionado (connoisseur maybe?) so most of my so-called "knowledge" is rub-off from him :embaresse . He is also an accomplished woodworker.

Most of my friends are like Joe's: they just screw the cap back on and stick it in their pocket. :rotflm:

That sounds a bit more my speed! :tinysmile_tongue_t:

C.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there Dwight.

I built this wine rack for a daughter awhile ago from a plan published in the October 2006 issue of Wood Magazine.

DSC00359.JPG

A little hard to see in this photo, but the stems of the glassware are suspended from some inner holders made out of 3/4" x 3/4" strips with 1/2" x 2 1/4" glued to them to form a track. I added some adhesive felt to keep the glasses from clanking with the wood.

Not sure if this is the type of stemware holders you are looking for not.

Wayne

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
I made the same wine rack as Wayne. I don't have the plans, but here are a couple close-up pics of the glass hanging detail.
BTW - Nice rack Wayne!!!

Matt...

winerack1.jpg

winerack.jpg

LloydP

New User
Lloyd
Wow Matt - that looks fantastic. I have built 2 of those, but neither came out like that!! :wsmile:

Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS