Wine Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Just built these for a local winery. Made of pine with no finish. The 6 bottle case had to hold any type bottle they used. I came up with a cradle to hold a 875ml Port bottle. The 12 bottle case will hold all their wines except champagne or port. Used brass pins for the lid hinges and brass screws to hold the lid closed. The logos are painted using paint mask and spray paint.

12 btl cases.jpg12 btl case open.jpg12 btl case closed.jpg6 btl cases.jpg6 btl case open.jpg6 btl case closed.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work and design! :eusa_clap

You must have made a fair amount of sawdust cutting all of those dovetails. A lot of glueups too!!

Your shop now has a nice pine scent I bet.

I've got a feeling that your client will be putting in more orders.

Wel Done

Wayne

JohnW

New User
John
OOOOOoooo...Wine & Woodworking. My two favorite subjects. They seem to look OK but perhaps I need to see them, with the full wine bottles installed, up close and personal like. I'll PM my shipping address.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Really nice looking work Rick. Do you know why they wanted these nice crates? Are they taking some bottles to a wine competition?

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Mike,

Your right but this was a first time run. If these sell well and they start to order more silk screen will be they to go.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Shelton's will be putting these out for sell in their tasting room. I think they are planning to offer some package deals with a new wine they are offering next month. There's a concert there Saturday evening. The Coconut Groove Band, Key West Party Band will be there. I'll be there. Come on up and check things out. Just a mere 90 miles north on Charlotte up I77 exit 93. Here's Shelton's website for info.

http://www.sheltonvineyards.com/news-and-events/cat/winery-events/

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Wow, I really like those. How many cases did you produce for this initial trial?

The price of a case of wine just took a jump! :eek:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Those look very nice! I love and hate making several of one item. (think its the ADD)
Those just seem to scream out classy simplicity.
Hopefully they will go quickly.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Nice looking boxes and that is my favorite winery. Love it there.

Red

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Maybe Im thick or something, I dont see how that could work, but if it does, it does.

Chris,

Don't fret. I looked at Rick's pics several times too. :icon_scra

The box sides have a dado in which the bottom and top bottle holders slide vertically. A single layer or a double layer of these holders depends upon how many bottles/case.

My understanding so far, but Rick will clarify that for us.

Doby:wine_rack.jpg

It's kinda like a guillotine setup or debtor's stock in Williamsburg. :eek:

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Chris,

Don't fret. I looked at Rick's pics several times too. :icon_scra

The box sides have a dado in which the bottom and top bottle holders slide vertically. A single layer or a double layer of these holders depends upon how many bottles/case.

My understanding so far, but Rick will clarify that for us.

Doby:wine_rack.jpg

It's kinda like a guillotine setup or debtor's stock in Williamsburg. :eek:

You're right Jeff, that is exactly how it works. The 12 bottle case has 2 layer of racks of 6 bottles each. I've had to modify the racks to hold larger champagne bottles and made some cradles to hold 875 ml port bottles which are about the same size as a beer bottle.

Rick Doby

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike,

Your right but this was a first time run. If these sell well and they start to order more silk screen will be they to go.

Rick,
If you get the next order and need to outsource the silk screen or alternate logo application - let me know - "I know's a guy!" (said in his best Godfather voice!) It would be here in Greenville - but I think the price would be right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS