Windsor chair and walnut rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
DSC05965.JPG

DSC05957.JPG

Here is a windsor chair done with red paint base and black milk paint over the red. You can see a half stock Hawken rifle above. More photos for the curious under danmart77.
View image in gallery

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have a soft spot for Windsor chairs. And I really like the classic red under black milk paint. Thanks for the pictures!

By the way what do you fill the walnut pores with?
Salem

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
That rifle stock looks great. That's a skill I really want to pick up. I'd love to make some really fancy grade stocks for my contender.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work!!!!:icon_thum

Love the walnut selected and that chair really has a wonderful aged look with really nice clean lines.

Thanks for sharing,

Wayne

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I have a soft spot for Windsor chairs. And I really like the classic red under black milk paint. Thanks for the pictures!

By the way what do you fill the walnut pores with?
Salem

Walnut and Pore filling.
I know of know other commercial filler that can match the Sherwin Williams natural filler. It is one of the last to use super fine grade silica in the mix. The bonding agent/carrier is also exceptional. You can color it with artists oil paints to what ever shade you like.

DT 70 T 1

The only drawback is Sherwin Williams sells it in gallons ONLY. I have to order it thru my local paint store dealer. I try to get some other friends to split the gallon with me.

If you were in the Durham area I would gladly give you a quart. I have almost a gallon left after doing a large desk/bookcase, 2 rifles and a table. It goes a long way.

Good Luck
dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS