window sill wood stained cherry--type of wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

New User
Chip
Hi-
I have a client who wants 2 windows (separated by 11") to be joined by a common wooden sill that is to be stained cherry. Contemporary style, very squared off. SUggestions as to type of wood that would look good stained cherry? Also I think I need to stain it with an outdoor stain since it will endure a lot of sun. Is this good thinking?

Thanks for the help!

Chip

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Are you talking a deep red cherry stain or something that looks more like new cherry with a natural stain?

Why not use cherry? The sun will darken it as time goes on. Or stain it to suit to begin with.:)

Jerry

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Many folks thind or "cherry" as the color commercial furniture is stained--which never really looks like real cherry. The first thing to determine is what the customer thinks the color should be. Then, if you want it to look like cherry, it is very much better to start with cherry.

Chip

New User
Chip
Thanks for the help. I think she's wanting to save some money with a cheaper wood, but you have a good point about not being happy with the final product if it isn't really cherry.

Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS