Window Shelf/Curtain Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
We finally figured out what we wanted to do as far as curtains so I slapped together this shelf/curtain holder the other night and used a TON of spray paint. I'm thinking it might be time to invest in some sprayers.

It was a fun little project. I got to use my new Air Compressor and nail gun. Now I have 8 more to do since the wife like it so much.

IMG_1745_web.jpg

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Nice shelves, I like the dark color, it don't take away from the items on display.

Before you invest in sprayers, try the small foam rollers that are carried at HD and most other places like that. They are very soft and can be got in more than just flat as in corners also. If the paint is thinned some it flows rather well and can save some dollars. That way you put them together and the wife since she likes them can help by painting.

That would save the money for more:tool:

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
SWEET!!

What kind of wood did you use?

Geoff it is pine that I picked up from one of the BORGS on the way home the other night. I think if I am going to do 8 more of them I will probably go and get some rough cut pine from somewhere and try and save a little bit. I was going to go with the whitewood cheap stuff that they had but the pine had fewer knots in it and overall was much straighter. I didn't want to have to mill a bunch of wood for a prototype, but since it is such a hit with the wife I guess it's time to go get some more wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS