Window mullion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I need to find a place to buy a bit of muntins strip for a window I'm repairing. It's what I call "three-step" muntins, but thats likely not the correct name, seeing as how I made that one up.
I am not familiar enough with the area yet to even have a clue as to where to shop for something like this, and I'd like to avoid having to make it if possible.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated, specially 'cuz I have to drive into Raleigh tomorrow and would like to pick this up while there if possible.
Thanks!

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I know Capital City Lumber has a wide selection of different moulding profiles, I don't know if they would have stock like you are looking for, but it's worth a call. Also try Stock Building Supplies and the Raleigh Hardwood Center.
Dave:)

Charles M

New User
Charles
Do they look like this:
342_WINDSASHRAIL_A.jpg

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
No, the profile is the same on each side, the thickness at the base is simply reduced twice to the top, to make an effect similar to what three boxes, each narrower then the other but the same height, stacked upon one another would look like. All 90's, no rounding in the profile at all.

Charles M

New User
Charles
bladeburner said:
You make the profile with stepped rabbits, then rip off the result if you can't find a ready made.
Joe

That's what I was thinking , too. Especially if there's not a lot needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS