Wilmington Turners

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad4est

New User
Canuck
I have been looking for a lathe to get started turning, and recently found what I was looking for. It was kind of a good news bad news situation. The bad news was that it belonged to an elderly gentleman who recently lost his sight. And he loved turning. We spent a couple of hours in his shop discussing some of his past projects. He sold me everything I need to get started, other than a block of wood. He got very emotional as I loaded everything. But then he smiled and said he was glad it was going to someone who would enjoy it like he did....and that no burly chain-smoking drunk showed up to buy it.

I now have it all set up and ready to go, and was wondering if there are any turners in the Wilmington area that would be okay with a rookie watching over there shoulder to get some basic pointers? Not only have I never done it, I've only seen it done on youtube. I am a true rookie, but can't wait to get going!

So you can count on me to be picking the brains of all you experts. That is what I love about this site.

Thanks
Brad

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
you will love turning brad, very addictive! i am a member of the wilmington area woodturners we meet 2nd sat of each month at the leland VFW . next meeting is jan 14th 1 pm we have turners of all skill levels and always welcome new members and visitors. we have a mentoring program and bring in many well known turners for demos through the year. visit our website for more info.

cliff

sawman

New User
Albert
Wilmington Area Woodturners Association

Try this link, it should, not shall, will get you the home page.
Not a roundy roundy, but have seen them demonstrate the craft at Poplar Grove Plantation and have been very impressed.

Hope that helps.

Later,
Sawman :saw:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS