Not mine, but wish I could make it mine... Jim

LINK

dewalt power planer - $225 (oak island)

Date: 2010-06-23, 2:23PM EDT
Reply to: sale-skcer-1806796602@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

dewalt power planer
like new condition
910-685-3017

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3m93p13oe5T35X45S0a6na46941aa1550150d.jpg

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Jim,

I have one of those DeWalt planers. It quit working after less than 6 months (and it was not overworked either since I had a full-time job at the time). I need to replace the brushes and the motor is hidden away under layers of plastic so it will have to wait. It did make a nice cut when it worked though... I've got a little 12" Delta that I've had for years. It takes everything I throw at it and keeps on going...

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Bad photo but it looks like the 735 - of so that is a good price IMO. I have used my 733 for about 9 years - still purring like a LOUD kitten. Would love to have a $1 for each BF of wood it has planed.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Jim,

I have one of those DeWalt planers. ... I need to replace the brushes and the motor is hidden away under layers of plastic so it will have to wait.

If you have the DW735 (as pictured above), there is no major disassembly required to replace the brushes. One brush cover is readily assessible from inside the planer (remove top cover, just as you would for a blade change). The other brush is located behind a black vent/cover (rectangular ) on the back of the planer, secured by a single allen screw. Unscrew, remove the cover, and the brush cover is directly underneath. Quite simple compared to many tools out there -- nearly as easy as a brush change on my Porter Cable 690 router. NOTE: The entire procedure is documented on page 10 of the User's Guide.

Also, though I'm sure you've already checked, the unit has a circuit breaker located next to the power switch.

Best of luck, I love my DW735 planer!

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Ethan,

Thanks for the info! It is indeed a 735. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can get it back into working condition! It seems a pity to have it just sitting there when it could be making my life easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS