Will be at Raleigh Flea Market today with tools

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
I'm starting to sell off some of my tools and today I'm going to be at the flea market out at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh. My wife is selling costume jewelry and some clothes while I will have a selection of tools including:
Braces (had no idea I had so many ratcheting braces)
Block planes (including some older Stanley, skew, low-angle)
Wooden planes (a couple of moving fillisters, hollows and rounds, rabbet, ...)
Saws (a turn-of-the-century Disston D-8, Moulson Bros. carcass saw, Adria Saw, Lie-Nielson dovetail 12ppi rip for less than half of new)
A few chisels

While I'm not quite giving them away, the prices are quite reasonable, the weather will be terrific, and they are having a Fair Food Fair where a bunch of the food vendors who would normally be at the Fair will be out there.

So, come get a fried Snickers bar and pick up some great deals on some tools. Right now it's just for today. If this is successful, we may be back next weekend.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
260BD21F-2262-4E42-93CE-689D008769AA.jpeg

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Have not been there in some years, but always enjoyed when we did. Hope all goes well for you

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
So, come get a fried Snickers bar and pick up some great deals on some tools. Right now it's just for today. If this is successful, we may be back next weekend.

Forget the fried snickers, get a redneck eggroll from Fat Boy's BBQ you won't regret it!

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
It all went pretty well. A few people got some great deals, like the $30 early Stanley low-angle knuckle block plane, or the Lie-Nielsen 12ppi rip dovetail saw for $50. Sold pretty much all of my block planes including a Stanley skew with the 1894 patent on the side for $20. See what you missed?

I think we're going to try it one more time this coming Saturday. We were out between Dort arena and the road, back in the back area. This time I'm bringing bench planes. Miller Falls, Stanley, #4's, #5's, maybe one or two bigger ones, a few nice saws, a couple of Ohio Tool wooden moving fillister planes, some other wooden planes, maybe some braces and bits. I have more ratcheting braces than I thought. I have an Adria dovetail saw I might bring as well.

I also have a Sargent combination plane (like a #45) with all the cutters, made for Craftsman in the late 1920's. It is complete and in excellent condition, maybe used a few times at most. Most of the cutters still have the factory grind on them. I can bring that if someone is really interested in this at $120.

I'll put out a separate announcement as we get closer to Saturday October 24th.

See you at the fair!

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Post some pics... I might be interested in the Miller's Falls. I'm trying to fill out a set.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Here are a couple of Miller Falls smoothing planes. I also have some big iron, very early Craftsman, not sure if Sargent or Miller Falls. Also my Stanley #4 and #3's.

I might save one of the #3's and one of the Miller Falls or Stanley #4's.

Attachments

• aaMillerFallsBenchPlanes.jpg
    aaMillerFallsBenchPlanes.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 139
  • aaCraftsman18-decal.jpg
    aaCraftsman18-decal.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 133
  • aaCraftsman18-Sole.jpg
    aaCraftsman18-Sole.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 142
  • aaCraftsman22-DepthAdjuster.jpg
    aaCraftsman22-DepthAdjuster.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 130
  • aaCraftsman22-blade.jpg
    aaCraftsman22-blade.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 139
  • aaCraftsman22-01.jpg
    aaCraftsman22-01.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 132
  • aaCraftsman18-whole.jpg
    aaCraftsman18-whole.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 128
  • aaStanleyBenchPlanes.jpg
    aaStanleyBenchPlanes.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 130

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm in an IG chat group with the guy that bought the skew block & knuckle cap planes from you. Never met him in person though.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I believe the Craftsman 18 was made by Miller's Falls and the 22 made by Sargent. They look to be in nice shape... should make very nice users.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
The Craftsman plane or iron may be marked with the code of the manufacturer:

BB= Millers Falls
BL= Sargent
DD= Stanley

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
My tools are, for the most part, good users. I also tried to never buy rusty tools that are missing pieces or need a lot of work. I also never focused on "collector" tools, not that there's anything wrong with collecting, in another realm I'm a major collector, just not with tools.

The 22" corrugated Craftsman is a Sargent, it has "BL" on the blade. The 18" one only says "107A" next to the Craftsman logo. The 18" plane, which is also corrugated, seems as least as well-made as the 22". It may be a replacement blade on another Sargent.

I also have a beautiful 14" Craftsman I'm keeping. It has an engraved brass plaque inserted into the cap iron with the script Craftsman logo from the 20's and the script logo in an oval on the blade.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Based on the lateral adjustment lever the 18 looks to be made by Miller's Falls.... assuming it's correct to the plane.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I wouldn't think so given it's condition. I'd be very interested if it was a MF's. What would you take for it?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS