wife's desk started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this is the project that has filled the last week or so. still need to make the top and a book case over that. also got a good start on my new desk but couldnt do em both at the same time due to space. its QS sycamore from jeff with raise panels and slide out tray's for writing or whatever.this one is an "L" shape mine will be more traditional. there are 7 drawers in each. unlike the kids desk these will have solid wood tops. I'm thinking poly would be better finish for that too. spraying laquer would be much faster but poly should hold up better. :dontknow: then again I dont realy know.:gar-La;. feel free to make suggestions.
deskfull.JPG

deskleft.JPG

J

jeff...

Wow Fred I'm going to have to start calling you the Sycamore Master that is a great start on the wife's desk.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great looking desk Fred. You asked for suggestions. I suggest that you give it to me when done:rotflm:.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great looking desk Fred:icon_thum I hope the LOML doesn't see it - she has been wanting a new one for a long time now

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
wife's desk started

Started?? Looks like you are a little further along than that. :wink_smil
Lookin good. What type of top are you going to use?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Beautiful work there, Fred!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The panels sure do look nice and they really make that wood pop. How thick do you plan on making the top?

The bunn feat look great as well. Did you laminate and turn them?

I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing the end result!

Well done.

Wayne

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I'm thinking poly would be better finish for that too. spraying laquer would be much faster but poly should hold up better.

What kind of abuse do you expect this desk to take? Laquer is pretty tough. IIRC, it is much easier to repair, too (including adding another code when needed).

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks great Fred! :eek: At this rate, you should be finished with it by the time I get done writing this post. So congrats on the finished desk! :rotflm: Please share some pictures. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Fred, Fred...when you say "started", you show maybe a drawing, some partially milled lumber and the pulls you're going to use. Not a project almost done! :)
Sure looking good though.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Great looking desk Fred. You asked for suggestions. I suggest that you give it to me when done:rotflm:.

:gar-La; you tryin ta gits me shot?:eek: I wasn't gonna bring it in the house without the top but soon as she saw it well...... ya know!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wife's desk started

Started?? Looks like you are a little further along than that. :wink_smil
Lookin good. What type of top are you going to use?

same material for the top. depending on how it planes out I may band it to make it thicker. might band it with walnut or something contrasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS