Wife took the camera with her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
To Virginia, something about her daughter's wedding planning. :icon_scra Must be a girl thing to have to have pictures of a food tasting.

Anyhow, I can't prove the final Pink Ivory chess piece is cut out 'till she gets home tomorrow. :eusa_doh:

I did a lot of sanding on the really burnt up piece. It doesn't look as bad as it did when it first came off the saw, but it could still use a good deal of improvement. :dontknow:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, no good without the pics :nah::nah:
But I can imagine that they look good :icon_thum

Dave:)

Hook

New User
Gregory
Finally got my hands on the camera

Now for some serious sanding and polyurethane

and from the opposite side:

and finally, from the dark side:

I know the chess pieces still need work but at least all the cutting is done.

J

jeff...

I was all excited till up popped the round things - Great work on those chess pieces - wow you have some kind of patience :thumbs_up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Good looking chess pieces. I'll bet that really took some time with all that detail.

cskipper

Cathy
They look great, especially considering your choice of using a difficult wood. What are you going to use for a finish since they will literally be handled a lot?

Hook

New User
Gregory
Either polyurethane or shellac. Not really sure which yet. I need to test both on some of the scraps to see which one is less likely to enhance the burn marks.

cskipper

Cathy
Either polyurethane or shellac. Not really sure which yet. I need to test both on some of the scraps to see which one is less likely to enhance the burn marks.

You did mean those special additions to the pieces rather than burn marks, didn't you?

woodrat

New User
Archie
Not burn marks....Those are embellishing features, character additions,
marks of being hand made. :wsmile:

Woodrat

Hook

New User
Gregory
:eek:ccasion1Yeah, that's it! Embellishing features! That's the ticket!! Yeah! That's it, and Special additions too!! Thanks y'all!!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tell everyone it is the coloring you got from the burl. Each piece is unique. Then tell them to Google burl. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS