Wife decided she wanted to keep me around.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I got my fathers day present a little early. Installed it today. Ran a temporary ext cord to power it up for now. Next cool morning I'll add an outlet up there. Told myself several times during the shop build to go ahead and do that, but never did.

20200607_144543.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Those things do work well as long as you keep the filters clean. You will be amazed how quick they get dirty.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Those things do work well as long as you keep the filters clean. You will be amazed how quick they get dirty.
I was considering putting a .99 cent filter in front to try and catch the first wave of dust and make the MFG fitted ones last longer.

Anyone done that with any success?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Get washable filters (unless they come with them), you can get a decent higher quality ones, then you do not need to replace just hose out.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Installed that same unit about a year ago; I noticed a huge difference the very next morning when I walked into the shop. Most times when I'd go into the shop, my throat would tickle and I'd cough a few times, but no more. Cheap insurance for your respiratory system.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
If the Wen unit uses a 12" X 24" filter (same size the Jet air filter uses) you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes. I think the filter might be cheaper there than buying the Wen manufactured ones.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I have the Grizzly and it has a timer setting, so I run mine for 4 hours after I leave the shop to help filter the air. THat way next time I come in I start with clean air.

I also try NOT to run it at the same time I am running a major machine as it just seems to get filled up that much faster. Though, I didnt have the DC system in place like I finished last night, so I will have to try it again and see if it still gets as dirty.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
If the Wen unit uses a 12" X 24" filter (same size the Jet air filter uses) you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes. I think the filter might be cheaper there than buying the Wen manufactured ones.
It is a little smaller. 10" x 17"

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS