Wide Blade Attachment for WS3000

CCEX3

New User
corey
Does anyone know where I can purchase a wide blade/honing guide table for a WS 3000? The company discontinued them a while back. I've tried some hacks using the tool rest but all it leaves me is a skew blade, which is not the desired outcome. Thanks in advance.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Make one . . .

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I believe there are some DIY designs for an extended table and rest.
Not sure what wide blades you are doing. I found the very best jig for jointers is the aluminum block that does two at a time on paper. ( I will be posting mine for sale as I went Shelix) The few attempts at jointer knives I used my Makita wet wheel. I think the same concept of a long clamp riding on a bit of angle iron would work on a WS. Again, I just put in a Lux head, so not fooling with long knives any more.

I kind of like my WS, but found the M-power better for getting the primary restored on a damaged blade. ( only goes to 1200, so not good for "sharp" Never could get the WS absolutely parallel so I found now I use it with 3000 or the strop free-hand. I have not played with doing my turning tools on it yet.

CCEX3

New User
corey
Make one . . .

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into it.

CCEX3

New User
corey
I believe there are some DIY designs for an extended table and rest.
Not sure what wide blades you are doing. I found the very best jig for jointers is the aluminum block that does two at a time on paper. ( I will be posting mine for sale as I went Shelix) The few attempts at jointer knives I used my Makita wet wheel. I think the same concept of a long clamp riding on a bit of angle iron would work on a WS. Again, I just put in a Lux head, so not fooling with long knives any more.

I kind of like my WS, but found the M-power better for getting the primary restored on a damaged blade. ( only goes to 1200, so not good for "sharp" Never could get the WS absolutely parallel so I found now I use it with 3000 or the strop free-hand. I have not played with doing my turning tools on it yet.

WS angle port accomodates blades up to 2", so anything larger is considered "wide" and needs to be sharpened via free hand/tool rest, or with a infeed table and honing device.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I believe they discontinued this attachment along with the attachment for knife sharpening. Unless you can find one used your best bet is to make the stumpy nubs stand

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS