Why You Need a Shop Crane

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
'Nuff said.

Delta_RAS_under_hoist_640_480.jpg

(Yes, that is a very small trebuchet in the background).

-Mark

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That does make unloading a RAS from the minivan easier...is this a stealth gloat :-D :-D
Dave:)

T

toolferone

(Yes, that is a very small trebuchet in the background).
-Mark
I want to more about the trebuchet. Got any plans for it? What do you shoot with it?

And what's with the stealth gloat?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mark,

I'd bet that trebuchet would help with unwanted shop critters:lol::lol::lol: Are there plans available for it?

Now, as to the stealth gloat... is the gloat for the crane or the tools it is lifting?:-?:-?:-?

Ray

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Very slick use of the stealth gloat. Nice RAS and crane.

As for the trebuchet, I had to look up the word...now that I have, I wonder if you can use it to launch pumpkins into the neighbor's yard?? :lol:

Chuck

dozer

Mike
Nice stealth gloat :) I just use my son and some of his friends if I need something heavy moved. I'm with Ray on this one do you have a set of plans? all the ones I have found are not as solid looking as the one in the background of your stealth gloat :lol:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Very slick use of the stealth gloat. Nice RAS and crane.

As for the trebuchet, I had to look up the word...now that I have, I wonder if you can use it to launch pumpkins into the neighbor's yard?? :lol:

Chuck

Chuck,

I'm pretty sure I saw something on TV about a year ago... pumpkins or mellons of some type being launched with a trebuchet. The test was for distance and for accuracy. I know that these suckers are a popular 'engineering' challange for high school and college students. ... and they do come in handy when storming the castle...

Ray

dozer

Mike
There is a pumpkin chunkin contest in Raleigh on the 28th of this month at Carosel Farms on hwy 401 N.

M

McRabbet

My nephew (BGlover) and his son made one for an Explorer's project that had to fit inside a 2' x 2' x 1' box -- they made it from hard maple with walnut accents -- it hurled a Hacky Sack the full length of the HS Gymnasium and hit the opposite wall -- he won hands down, because it consistently was less than a foot or so off the intended line. They used lead shot for the counterweight. I'll ask him to draw up plans if he can.

Rob

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi - the RAS was not intended to be a stealth gloat. I got a good price ($100 for a pre-1963 turret head), but it needs some work.

I came across the picture on an old 'roll' of digital film and thought of all those "how do I move something heavy" questions.

The trebutchet is from a set of plans available in the Dec. 1997 issue of American Woodworker. Kids and adults love it - even though it doesn't have a power cord or state of the art graphics. :roll:

-Mark

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
We interrupt this thread for an emergency trebuchet announcement.

(At the risk of being accused of hijacking a thread...) Here's some plans I found on the net... Free Trebuchet Plans!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread posts

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS