Why You Need a Shop Crane, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Because you might have this in the back of your vehicle. CAUTION: this is not an approved shipping method.
Sander_unloading001_640.jpg

OK, shop crane, come-along, ramps..everything but the kitchen sink !
Sander_unloading002_edited_640.jpg

TIP: A 14' length of 8/4 oak makes a *fine* brace for the come-along. Just wedge it across the door opening !

Eventually we get to this stage. Look at all that wasted space in the base cabinet.

Sander_unloading004_640.jpg

The eagle has landed. Do you think a Delta Universal Base can really hold 700# ?
Sander_unloading005_640.jpg

I need to re-install the motor, clean and lube it, and give it some touch up paint.

-Mark

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I can personally vouch for how heavy that thing is! It took 3 of us alot of grunting to get it into the van. Kudos, Mark, for getting it out solo!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Yeah, it took three of us to get Michael Garner's Woodmaster out of the U-Haul trailer he transported his in. Definitely a beastly machine. Congrats!

T

toolferone

How long did it take to get it out and in the base (not counting time to take the pics. lol).
And yes you suck. I wanted that so bad, but the wife would have killed me8-O !

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I think it took me about 3 hours to unload. Most of that was spent trying to dig the sander out of the van - gotta get a truck at some point :crybaby2:

It would have been impossible without the crane.

Roger - I think it extends to about 8' tall maybe ?

This sander is way overkill for what I do - I don't even own a beltsander - but for the price I had to jump on it.

Tom - can't you use the sanders at work ? Just dust them off really good before opening time ! :icon_thum

-Mark

M

McRabbet

DAMHIKT, but that Woodmaster is a heavy beast, even though it doesn't look it! If I'm correct, yours looks like my Model 2675 that I bought used about 3 weeks ago and it took two of us an hour to rig my 2 x 8 ramps and plywood to get it up onto my pickup bed -- I enlisted three neighbors to get it off because it was so unweildy! You're lucky you didn't pull the front off your garage with the come-along tied to the 8/4 oak beam! I can see why it took you 3 hours to extricate that puppy from your van! I find it hard to believe you even got it in there!

I'd be curious what you paid for it. PM me and I'll PM you back what I paid for mine! Rob

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Rob - Let's just say that the published asking price was $350 and through happenstance, I paid a bit less than that.

That included a couple of extras to boot: the reversing kit, a 10' long twist-lock extension cord, a couple rolls of sandpaper and the mobile base.

Hey Chris - recognize that 8/4 slab of oak ? :lol:

Jeff: it's a 3875 (38" er) and I live at 114 North Main Street in Fuquay-Varina. Why do you ask ?

To all NCWWers: I will be happy to help members with big sanding jobs once I get this puppy dialed in. I remember what it was like not being able to find a sander.

-Mark

M

McRabbet

Egad, Mark -- that was a killer price for a 3875! Here I thought I got a steal paying $750 for a 2675 (mine had the reversing controls, too, a 2 foot cord, plus 5 full rolls of paper in 3 grits and a mobile base). Great find!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS