Why is my cherry burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Travis, I agree with you, and that is why I qualified my statement with "in a well tuned saw". Providing ample power and perfect alignment and not pushing the limits of thickness, you shouldn't get flex enough to cause burning with a TK blade. We can only strive for perfection like that :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I tried pulling the blade thru the wood.
one thing i found out i lost cross cut capacity and second i tried pulling thru a piece of wood and it grabed it. Didn't like that.

pushing it thru i have never had that happen.

still burned goingto have to check alignment of it.
Been to busy.
Got a big order of the pistol racks to build.
Started on them today did have a little burn on them. they are made from red oak. But it sanded off plus it will be covered and not seen.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What kind of blade are you using??? A negative hook angle blade will give less of the climb cut effect while pulling the carriage to you. IMO that was the way the saw was designed to be used. Going the other way (pushing) causes the teeth to cut up through the board, running a risk of lifting or shifting it .

Dave:)

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I was cutting some pieces of cherry about 2"x3" to a length of 18 inches on my table saw. Had trouble with burn on the ends(dull blade maybe) and, since they would be exposed, that was no good.
Might be kind of a "hack" solution, but I ended up cutting them first to about 18-1/8", then going back and taking that last "wisker" off in another pass. Saw's not really doing any "work", so no burn.

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
You have probably already checked this, but I will float it out there since there has been nothing to solve this so far.

Looking at how the burn does not occur until you are most of the way through the piece, and also how the corners only are burned on the smaller pieces off to the right, I might be inclined to check and see that the pieces have adequate support on either side of the saw and that the back stop block is flat all the way across the back of the saw.

In other words, is it somehow bowing the further the blade goes through it. Or possibly that the back support on the saw is not a flat surface and that is causing a small level of pinch?

Again, just a possible cause. You have probably already checked it.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS