Why aren’t pictures fully shown

wooduser

New User
Lecil
I use an iPad to view, read and enjoy this forum. It is a great resource for any level of woodworking skill. The problem I am having is when I view the picture, whether an ad, article or just on a post, the first picture is almost always like the the example picture attached to this post. Generally the rest of the picture in the group are then okay. Since I can’t claim any brilliance when it comes to these electronic devices, then it must be me. I just don’t know how to correct it and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ,
Lecil

1E703AD4-9E47-4AA2-AD4C-36223A774735.png

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If the pictures aren't the same aspect ratio as the screen, you can't make them fill the screen without compromising the photo. you'll have to match the photos to match the screen aspect ratio.

If I remember correctly, the 11" i-pad has a display ratio of approx. 2388 x 1668 or 1.43:1 so the photos need top be adjusted to match that ratio or you get the black bar.

When this happens I usually see if there is a different photo app that will do this automatically, the compromise is the photo will/may lose perspective ratio (might make something fatter or thinner) or depending on the algorithm more grainy.

Microsoft's apps allows you to drag the photo to a specific size.

A good example you can take a photo & drop in a new word doc and size it there. When I write reports that is how the reduce the size of the file.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hmmm, don't know on that, if you are seeing the menu above or below tap in the photo. If not this might be because of the differing older/newer OS systems conflicting compatibility. I don't use Apple much, their op system has some weird things to me that moved me away from them. The one exception is the Ipad it is a very nice tablet.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think the last Apple update is/was stupid.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This has been going on for well over a year. If you close the window then come back and click on a different photo first the the other one will display correctly sometimes. If there is only one then sometimes it is fine but sometimes it is black on the bottom half.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS