Who Wants To Make A Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I have seen some very nice bowls turned from all you turners and if I can make some kind of trade I would like to get two decent bowls. These bowls will be used for my 10yr old black lab "Sheba" one for water and one for food. I am not trying to take away from anyone's art by wanting them for dog bowls. Sheba is part of the family and the only one that I want something that nice for. She is glued to me where ever I go. Glennbear can tell you about her as he has met her. Thanks. Steve

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hey Steve,if ya can wait till about the middle of April,when I get back to NC,I'll be glad ta give ya a few bowls.Just pay shippin,thats all.I'm down in FL now and don't have the wood ta make em with,plus I just have a little Ricon down here,where as in NC I have a Nova 1624 :gar-Bi

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Hey Steve,if ya can wait till about the middle of April,when I get back to NC,I'll be glad ta give ya a few bowls.Just pay shippin,thats all.I'm down in FL now and don't have the wood ta make em with,plus I just have a little Ricon down here,where as in NC I have a Nova 1624 :gar-Bi

Glennbear

Glenn
Steve does have a wonderful four legged companion even when her black fur is covered with scrollsaw dust. :wsmile:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Ken, I would be glad to pay the shipping. Thanks. Steve

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
It's funny how this made me think about my bowl turning. I am very polarized when I finish something; either I can't believe it's something I actually made and if I could learn to properly apply a good finish coat it should be in a museum or it's something I wouldn't feed my dog in, much less yours. :rolf:
Unfortunately, most fall in the second category...

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Sheba will be 10 yrs old at the end of the month and has been part of the family since she was born. She has been a very good companion and friend and has really helped me battle a few rough/rocky times. So I want to get her something nice. I can see the age catching up to her and know that she will not be with me to many more years. Not a time that I look forward to either. Steve P.S. She has never told on me when I do something stupid either. Unlike most friends that let everyone know

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Steve,

It's not really what you are looking for, but you could make this yourself.

This is a dog bowl holder (elevator) that I made for my SILs dog. Josie has vertigo, so bending over to eat was extremely difficult. SIL asked me to make something to get her dish off the floor to ease mealtime. Here is what I came up with. Built to fit Josie... I love that dog!

DogsLife2.JPG

View image in gallery

Of course it's no good if it doesn't get used so, here is my obvious favorite pic, she only has to bend her head a couple inches to eat.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I have a feeding station for Sheba but it is rarely used except for her drinking a lot of water. Most of the time she gets hand fed. I also carry water bowls in all of the vehicles and bottled water for her. It is the actual wooden bowls that I want for her. Steve

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
How big a dog is Sheba? More specifically, what would be an appropriate size for her?

I'm planning on turning simple bowls for our two dogs and two cats; the fish don't use bowls.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Sheba is an overweight black lab weighing close to the 100lb mark if that gives any idea to how big she is. She is a big baby and I thought that I had her spoiled until last evening. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and had to leave her at home for this one. When we get home I put her a nice fresh bowl of water and fresh food mix with ham. She just snooped over it and then starts whining like she is begging. My wife tries to get her to eat from her bowl, no, ain't happening, so she takes food in her hand and offers to her. Yep, she eats every bit of food that was in the bowl but out of the wife's hand. Spoiled ain't the word for this dog. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS