Who want to build a kayak?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I started building a strip kayak and have lost interest well into the build after many hours. The frame to assemble it on is complete and all the strips that are needed have been cut and milled with convex and concave edges. The strips are mahogany with a few striped maple for contrast, All the hard work is complete. All the plans and the instruction book are also included. Asking 500.00 for everything Call me at 843-267-7744 with any and all questions you may have.
5XXinwNqTA+H8tcetvBjGA.jpg
YtID5WIjTpaILdo+SFoDPg.jpg
5izvmQ7gQmqIwK%yH2o7AA.jpg
tfyMw2uUQgaHC827k5w67A.jpg
Eu1tkUf5SkODLzcWXJINjg.jpg

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw this up close many moons ago. The strips are milled perfectly - that is the hard work
$500 is a great deal

Dino, I cannot remember who the designer is and the model name

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Hello Phil; I was thinking about you when I posted this. It would be a great and doable project for someone to finish Design by oneoceankayaks.com the model is the Cape Ann Storm. The description below is from their website:

Cape Ann Storm - 17.5' x 22" ( 5,33 x 0,558m)

Fast and seaworthy high performance kayak that beginners easily tame and advanced paddlers never outgrow. Its displacement is optimized to accommodate paddlers from 160 to 220lb with enough space to pack gear for weekend trips.
Even though it is overall 6" shorter than the Cape Ann, its prismatic coefficient and the length of its effective waterline (curve of areas) make CA Storm very efficient at high cruising or racing speeds.

Its combination of low Area/Displacement ratio, high Length/Beam ratio and its seaworthiness make it a fast hull, good enough for Ocean racing. Harder chines in the aft sections give it good stability in lean and its V cross-section and balanced lateral plane make it track quite well.
If you can dish it out, this kayak can take it!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors