Who is ready for a Beginners Scroll Saw Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I am willing to teach an Introduction To Scroll Saw Workshop. This will teach you about blade selection, different ways to attach patterns, drilling holes and the way I do things. This will also give you practice pieces to work on. I will show the different ways to do different cuts. You should leave the class with at least one finished project. Hopefully more. The cost will be $30.00 donation request plus material cost. I don’t have a location yet, so if you want to host in your area and we have enough interest we might be able to do it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Depending on the date I would be happy to co-teach. Also willing to host if folks want a shop with a view.

bash

New User
bash
I would be interested if within an hour or so of Apex. I am always impressed by the pictures you post.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I would be interested if within an hour or so of Apex. I am always impressed by the pictures you post.
This is a beginner workshop. I am developing projects for an advanced workshop or 2.

bash

New User
bash
Thanks. I am about as beginner as you can get on a scroll saw. I picked one up from Craigslist a while back and do know how to turn it on and off. :)

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Berta, my shop is always available if you would like to do it in this area. I'm about 50 min. from Apex, an hour from Raleigh.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Ok, let’s see if anyone else would like to join us. We can also discuss a date, I do have permission to hold the class in Liberty.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
The date I am open in April is he 21. In May the 12th and the 26th looks good. Which ones of those can you do?

bash

New User
bash
April 21 or May 12 are best for me.

May 26 is Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I can probably make that work too if it is better for everyone else, but it would be my 3rd choice.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm thinking about giving mine away, like all the others I had.

I finally figured out that I work with such detailed drawing on the computer all day that I want something less demanding, less detailed in my shop time.

tom.m

Tom
Senior User
Hi Berta:
May 12 is best for me, but I may need to leave early. What start and finish times do you anticipate?
Thanks.
Anita

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

I finally figured out that I work with such detailed drawing on the computer all day that I want something less demanding, less detailed in my shop time.

Mike, have you considered offering it for bid with the proceeds gong to the general fund?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Berta, I could probably help instruct if its at Bill's shop, that's a little over 2 hours drive for me. I would bring just one saw, the Hawk G-426; they're almost too large to fit 2 in my truck bed.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

what kind do you have?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Berta, I could probably help instruct if its at Bill's shop, that's a little over 2 hours drive for me. I would bring just one saw, the Hawk G-426; they're almost too large to fit 2 in my truck bed.
You are always welcome! Yes, Bill’s shop.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
So far the majority is looking at May 12. I will wait a few more days before locking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS