Who is ready for a Beginners Scroll Saw Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Can anyone else bring a scroll saw? WBurton can bring his. I think I can fit the two from the trailer in our truck. If you can bring one please let me know before I start scrambling. :D

bash

New User
bash
I can bring my scroll saw - nothing fancy.
I have made my donation to the site.
Sorry for my ignorance here, but what spray adhesive and what blade sizes/types should I buy to bring?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
A lightweight temporary bond repositionable spray adhesive. You can get this at Lowe’s, Walmart, or craft stores. I usually use size 5 and 3. I will bring some blades for you to try.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
As I mentioned earlier, I will bring a Hawk saw, various blades from Pegus and Flying Dutchman, repositional adhesive spray, laminator, and painters Tape. Anything else you'd like me to bring along?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I wasn’t sure you would come! That all sounds great! I want a turn on that saw! :icon_cheers

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I'll bring my saw . . . nothing special (Dremel 16") but hopefully I can learn to use it better in the workshop.

bash

New User
bash
Thank you to Berta, Bill, and Bruce for an excellent beginners scroll saw class. I will now do a bit more with mine then cut small triangles for splined miter joints.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
And just to prove it really happened, here are the pics. :gar-Bi

IMG_21521.JPG

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Everyone was so good at this! I really enjoy giving these classes. They even took a few compleated projects home with them!
Next one real soon!

tom.m

Tom
Senior User
Indeed, the class was great! Thank you Berta, and Bruce, for sharing your knowledge. And Bill’s shop was perfect for the class (and just about anything else you want to do and learn in woodworking). Maybe I’ll give my dad’s two mini scrolls a try.
Anita

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like it was a lot of fun and some good learning happened too!
Thank you for all the pictures Bill - it REALLY did happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS