Who are we

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
A good while back, before the election obviously, I stated that I thought we (ncww) needed a who we are section/dropdown/sticky whatever, to tell ANYONE looking at the page who we are.
If its there yet, I missed it, and I've looked.
There is more information in the flyer I saw at WoodCraft once than I can find on the computer.
WHO IS NCWW?
What is our goal, purpose, function.
Who are our staff? What role do they play? How are they determined?
In the Corporate section one (that can see it) can find a little about the BOD, but who are the admins and what role do they play?
Who are the moderators? One can sort of find this piece meal by looking at an area and see who moderates what section.
What is the history of the site? Steve Coles had an idea and made it happen. Aside from that?
At one time I thought Doug while president was going to work on this but, time passed and nada.
Now we have Steve wanting to be an admin, fine with me, but who are the admins, and what do they do, how are they selected/elected/chosen, etc etc etc
This is not a secret society, and as a BOD, I feel embarrassed that I know so little about so much in regards to the site.
If Joe Doe happens upon the site- in a matter of minutes he can have every ability to be posting his unwanted tools for sale (which has happened) and never be heard from again.
If Jane Doe comes by and is interested in the site, the forum, and becoming a contributing member - how does she get started and what is the progression from signing up through to running for BOD president? theoretically - I could talk her through it and leave out a lot that she may or many not care about and may or may not need to know, which in itself tells me a lot about the site and me as a BOD member.
I'd like to see this project get started and take off - right now my time is sporadic and my days varying between getting better and not sure how much more I can take.
I can't see this being done in a weekend, but I can't see any reason for it not to happen. I think it is LONG overdue.
Steve Coles could really work a lot on this, and maybe solicit some assistance from some of our long tenure members. He MAY have a lot of it on paper/computer already.
Thoughts? Ideas? Volunteers?
Opposing viewpoints?

b4man

New User
Barbara
I think this is a very important piece of our organization missing from the puzzle.

The Admin and Moderator positions are so important to the success of everyday business here and I for one would like to know more about the who and what it entails.

Don't know what I can do to help but am willing to pitch in where needed.

Something I'm not sure we do much of is form committee's for various task, like the Picnic has in the past. I would like to see more opportunities for active participation from the general membership in making changes and enhancing our image on the web and our function as not only a cyber club but a community as well.

cskipper

Cathy
It's funny (not laugh funny) how we forget to document as we go. No one thinks of today's occurrences as being tomorrow's history. This is a good idea, and I'd be willing to help. Thanks for the realization.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Once things settle down with Events and LOML's foot I'll help all I can. I can see where Andy would be frustrated by this and it appears it was just passed on to us from the previous BOD for whatever reason (or not). One thing that complicates the issue is that we have so many members yet so few of them are opted in for Corporate status, and very few of them even bother to vote in the elections. Therefore, the vast majority of the membership here pretty much accepts what those that take the initiative decide, or just sit back and carp about it. We do have an extensive .pdf file of Corporate information, but it certainly would be better for everyone if it were all consolidated and made more readily accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors